“Nice place, very few tourists”

Osteria alla Bifora
Ranked #163 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Very good balcalá with polenta. Also the wine on the house is nice. We had the mix of cheese and salami and it is amazing. I recommend.

There are newer reviews for Osteria alla Bifora

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I didn't have the food (being a vegetarian there wasn't much...) but the prosecco and the atmosphere were lovely. And at €3 per glass of prosecco this is less than you pay for a coffee in Venice. Nice service and staff too!

1  Thank ofiucus
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We dropped into alla Bifora for lunch. The room is lovely, dim and atmospheric, and the service was not as slow as we had expected from reading previous reviews!

We ordered the salami (mostly cured ham rather than salami, as shown in the pictures here) and cheese platter at EU25 and it was absolutely enormous, far too much for two. It was served with very crisp toast, which was not as good as fresh bread would have been, the cheese was mostly rind ends, and we rated the quality of the dish - especially the meat - much lower than the equivalent at la Mascareta, which we love.

If you're hungry and not too bothered about really top quality produce, the alla Bifora is fine.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were having a drink at a bar on Campo Santo Margherita and I recognized the name of a restarant opposite us as one of my tripadvisor saves, so I went over and practised my very limited Italian to secure a table. The place was exceptionally busy, mainly locals, and the waitress at first said they were full, but I think she appreciated my attempt to speak the language, and finally said we must come now. We were seated at a table with four students and had a wonderful night. I had an enormous portion of melon and proscuitto, which was very good, but my friend's dish, a beef and rocket salad was sublime. The prices were very reasonable, for the huge portions, and we were served a complimentary limoncello, which completed a very satisfactory experience. The atmosphere was great, would go again

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Charming interior, cosy hustle and bustle, limited choice of excellent food and friendly service. Worth a detour !