“Pleasant Surprise”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed June 3, 2014

After spending 45 minutes looking for another restaurant we gave up and stopped here around 9PM on a Tuesday. We had no expectations. One in our group ordered pasta, the other 3 of us are gluten free. My husband and I had baked sea bass. The waiter told us the potatoes were not gluten free, then said they could accommodate us. Our friend ordered the salted sea bass which was an interesting presentation. Overall the food was quite good. Considering the fact that Venice is not the place for foodies (nor was it 15 years ago when we first visited), this was close to being our best meal in 4 days!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Mostly tourists eating here (not just because it's also a hotel). But great food for decent prices. I had the set price dinner for £19.00 (no cover charge for the bread, and it includes service and cover). And got a primi, a secondi and a dessert, all of which were excellent. The service was good, and sitting outside, i could do a lot of people watching (though it's on a busy street, not a canal, so not the optimal setting. I imagine this would raise prices though!)

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had dinner here our first night in Venice, reservations arranged by our hotel. Warm and attentive service greeted us as well as a diverse menu. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would definitely return!

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Was recommended by hotel. Food was expensive and not great. Small bottle of local wine was 15€. Their "menu" for 3 courses-no drinks was 19€. Nice decoration and atmosphere. Clean but tight space around your table. Service was less than average - I've felt more welcome at other places.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My wife and I were staying nearby so chose to eat here on the first night. It was the best meal we had on our trip to Venice, and the staff were very helpful and attentive too.

I had the Sardines & Onions as a starter, lovely. Then the Lasagna, spot on, then the fillet steak in balsamic vinegar, awesome. Finished with some tiramisu, its rude not to really. All perfectly cooked.

I cant remember what my wife had as I was too busy enjoying my food.

Price was fair for the quality of the food and the fact we were in Venice.

Would we eat there again? Yes.