“Best meal in Venice, maybe all of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taverna San Lio

Taverna San Lio
Ranked #214 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castello
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Best meal in Venice, maybe all of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We found this beautiful restaurant while looking for another. What a find!! The food was wonderful as was the service. I tried the Menu DiGiorno for 19E and my wife had al a carte. Both were good enought ot bring us back for our last dinner in Italy. The Scallop and Pesto risotto is one of the best dishes I have ever enjoyed. The Duck with plums in a leek sauce is spectacular. The wait staff is friendly and efficient and suggested a very nice, reasonably priced wine. the atmosphere is lovely but the space is small. Very nicely decorated and comfortable. 1st night, dinner for 2 with wine, water, bread etc = 82E

• Visited February 2013

• Greek first
Suffolk, England
“High quality food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Excellent food here. Menu of the day is very reasonaable and they have a meat on as well as a fish one. We tried both and the quality was very good for the price.
Decor is modern; service was very good.

Visited February 2013
Italy
“We could only afford ONE coke”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Now, I'm not saying we went in there with the intention of ordering food, or that we were even expecting to be able to afford the food; But I had wanted a coffee, and after looking at the menu that was clearly not going to happen. Just for a caffe' macchiato (which is an espresso with foamed milk on top), it was 3 euros. My boyfriend bought a can of coke which was 4 euros. To be fair, the establishment was very nice, albeit quite small - with only about ten-twelve tables - it had a good atmosphere, and while the wait staff was merely so-so, the food did smell delicious. I took some photos while we were inside, and if you're looking for something in the heart of the tourist trap - then this is your place. However, I highly recommend some other dining possibilities if you don't want to break the bank, which eating at this place will most certainly do to you.

The best thing I can say was that it was the warmest establishment we found ourselves in the whole day, as they were clearly not cheap with the heating. For that they get four stars. But, otherwise it seemed like a waste of money type of place.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice restaurant - but go for the full menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Very nice restaurant, good food and service - but some of the dishes on the fixed-price menu are on the small side. We went back and chose from the main menu and had an excellent meal.

Visited January 2013
“Modern place with quality food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Peas soup was offered as starter, then I took the tomatoes/mozzarella and they were very tasty, as I am used to in good restaurants in Italy.

Then we took original and tasty pasta dishes.

Dessert were rather classic and I have had the opportunity to taste better in other places.

Dishes presentation was very nice and service was flawless.

It is for me a place to recommend, but I would prefer taking the dessert in a gelateria or pasticceria !