“Nice pizza!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had heard all sorts of stories about Venice being expensive, especially near St Mark's Square, so my brother, sister-in-law and I were on the look-out for a pleasant, reasonably priced place and this fitted the bill. My large cheese pizza cost €5.50 and was more than I could eat! It would have done for two people really. The ambiance in the restaurant was pleasing and it was fascinating to look at postcards that had been sent there from customers who had visited from all over the world. I'd seek this place out again.

1  Thank Vanessa2953

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The delicious food was served with warm hospitality. My wife and I really enjoyed the food and service. In fact, we went there Two days in a row.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It pays to get off the beaten path in Venice where Ostaria Al Garanghelo delivers very good food at very reasonable prices. We had the Tagliatelle pasta with artichokes and prawns which was excellent. Also the Gamberoni (large prawns) were very good. The penne was a bit too spicy for my taste, but that was my fault as the menu does say its spicy. Very good house wine and service was great. Takes credit cards. Only 5 min walk from Rialto Bridge and about 20 min walk from St. Marks.
Venice restaurants can be very expensive but Ostaria Al Garanghelo proves you don't have to break the bank to have a very enjoyable dining experience.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We found this ostaria by chance on our last day in venice. Food was excellint and service was very good. We will back again for soure.

1  Thank Jak T
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I called in at this restaurant on our last day in Venice having been attracted by the 'menu of the day' which was advertised on a board outside. When we were seated we were given the menus and asked whether we wanted some drinks so we ordered some wine before looking at the menus. The advertised menu of the day was not featured and when we asked the waiter he said he would check then disappeared outside where he was trying to drum up more business.He didn't bother to come back so after 10 minutes we asked another waiter who said the menu of the day was not available and we would need to select from the a la carte menu. My wife's pasta was poor and my scampi arrived with legs/heads/tails, all rock hard, served with tasteless, sloppy polenta. Three hard bread buns (chargeable), previously heated in the microwave were served and when our plates were cleared the remaining bun was tossed back into the restaurant's bread bin awaiting re-heating for the next unsuspecting customer. The bill for the worst meal we had in Venice came to almost 50 euros. Don't be fooled by the signs outside ....this place should be avoided.

2  Thank Steve W