“Love the food!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The food might have been prepared earlier and then reheat when it was ordered. But I still think it was so tasty! And with that, the service was prompt and friendly. I ordered the Squid Ink pasta dish, and I left very satisfied. My husband got a pasta dish with meat sauce, he liked it. The desert was pretty and yummy - it was a tiramusu. We also got the Venetian cookies afterward. This was a gem. We have to thank to our guide from earlier in the day for the recommendation!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

The atmosphere of this restaurant was absolutely perfect so my husband and I were excited to give it a try, but sitting right next the kitchen (which is really only an ~8x8 cooking area and almost more of a kitchenette) we quickly realized that the food is pre-prepared. It didn't appear to be previously frozen, and maybe they make it in their kitchen at the start of each day, but nonetheless I was disappointed, especially as I watched sauce being squeezed out of cartons sold at grocery stores. I was also disappointed that our bill was not itemized; it simply said 2 first courses and 1 house wine for 35 euro. The price seemed a bit high for the quantities; my husband's cannelloni was only 2 small shells with no accompaniment, and he was still hungry after we left the restaurant. Service was okay, not great.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

A lovely evening in this little 'Cicchetteria', excellent food and outstandingly friendly service all at a reasonable price (certainly, for Venice). Difficult to find but easy if you start from the Gallerie del'Accademia.

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We had taglierini alle sepie, sepie, carpaccio di tono et pasta alla bolognese.
The food was good and fresh but the service a bit rough. No watwr glasses for those who ordered wine and the water was served in a small plastic bottle. The place is nicely decorated and is worth the try but I would rather go for lunch than for diner. Also only one desert was available.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stumbled upon this in the dark, after looking for a place to eat and getting lost. The restaurant was tiny, and had a cozy, intimate feel. It seemed completely full but the waiter managed to squeeze the two of us inside, although there were a couple of exterior tables. The menu was hand-written and posted on sheets of paper on the windows outside--it was not very extensive but had a few things we'd never heard of so it was a pleasant surprise. The pasta and wine was of good quality, the bread and seafood fresh, and the prices seemed reasonable. The kitchen was on display and the place was really busy the evening we were there. We must have been there around 9 pm, but people kept coming and coming.