“Comfortable stay in single room”
Review of Ca dei Fuseri B&B

Ca dei Fuseri B&B
Ranked #112 of 462 Venice B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Comfortable stay in single room”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Be prepared for stairs, as previous reviews state. Only affected me upon first arrival and last departure (with my luggage), and those times when I forgot something and had to go back up to my room. Plan well and it isn't really an issue.

Stayed there as a solo budget traveler in June 2010 (late review!), and found the rate, location and amenities, including air conditioning and mini fridge, very convenient. Very close to San Marco Square, Rialto Bridge and La Scala. My single room was very clean, had sufficient space and storage. Breakfast was delivered each morning.

No problems communicating with the owner prior to my stay or with staff during my stay, even despite arriving later than I planned and not being able to call.

I definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
melbourne
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Just a warning that the b&b is at the top of a no elevator building. 43 stairs to get to the top! I found it ok most of the time but it did get a little tiresome after a long day but the staff did help me with my bag.
I arrived very early and the staff were kind enough to hold my bags until it was time to check in. And i got great instructions on how to get to the b&b from the train station.
The b&b is perfectly located. Right in the middle of Rialto bridge and San Marco Square. It was really easy to get o from the station. a good starting off point to wondering the streets of Venice.
The room was very nice and very clean. The only problem was my room was next to another bathroom and it was a little noisy.
Has free wifi which worked really well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Really excellent customer service, we arrived three hours later than we had expected to, but still felt welcomed. Great location, right in the centre of Venice. There was nothing really to fault about the Ca dei Fuseri, if you're looking for a B&B in Venice this one is pretty much perfect and we thought that that it was good value. Some really nice touches as well, we were served breakfast on the roof terrace and the room was charming. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This B&B was perfect and breakfast was included! The rooms were extremely clean, and my own bathroom was newly renovated. Ca' dei Fuseri also included wifi. The location is unbeatable too - right between Rialto and San Marco, but it is on a side street so it was very quiet! Also, the staff was so accommodating. They even emailed me before my stay to make sure I knew how to get there, and they provided directions from San Marco and Rialto. They held my luggage the last day, and just made my entire trip very easy. I would not stay anywhere else, and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank KateKessler
New York, NY
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in May. We had a deluxe room with an bathroom in-suite. As others have said, this is located in a walk-up building and it can be cumbersome if you are not in good health. The room was impeccably clean and had functional, simple furnishings. A mini fridge was part of the desk for any snacks, drinks, or left-overs. Bathroom had toilet, bidet, shower, a huge sink. Breakfast was continental but good, with great cappuccino and croissant.

Location was superb. To San Marco or Rialto was only a 10 minute walk at most. The hotel is also located near streets with shops, restaurants, and bars so it is really convenient.

Paolo (owner) was friendly and helped with the luggage the morning we left. However, in general we left early for sightseeing and came back late, so we did not have too much interaction with the staff.

Overall a great deal for a stay in Venice.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Kenneth N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2011

This B&B was in a small alley in one of the many winding lanes of Venice. It would have been difficult to find the hostel had it not been for the detailed directions provided by hostelworld.com. The place is in the San Marco area and within 5 min walking distance of the famous St. Mark's Square. The nearest vaporetto stop is also a 10 min leisurely walk away (no need to hurry when on holiday in Venice). The B&B did not have a lift and was on the 3rd floor. We had 2 big and heavy bags with us, but the owner (Paulo) was extremely nice and helped us carry our bags upstairs. We had wi-fi in the place and good speed also.
The rooms were beautiful and spacious and the bathroom had all modern amenities. Breakfast was delicious with toasted biscuit, butter, jam, the most amazing brioche, orange juice and cappucino. It was served in our room.
The owner was extremely nice and helpful. He suggested amazing places for us to eat at. These places unlike some of the others in Venice were not touristy and had mostly locals dining. So was good. Even on the last day, when we had to leave early to catch a train to Florence, he provided us breakfast half-an-hour earlier than his regular time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Walton-on-the-Naze England
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I recently stayed at this bed and breakfast and it was a wonderful experience. The owner was very helpful and the directions that he sent me took me straight to the B & B. My room was very clean and comfortable. It was a lovely quiet space to come back to after a long day sightseeing, It was delightful to see the original beams of the ceiling had not been covered up when the rooms were restored. It added to the character. The bathroom was well appointed and the room had the added bonus of a mini fridge which was a great for storing cold drinks. Breakfast was delivered to my room every morning and was very good. The room was spotlessly cleaned every day. I have visited Venice many, many times and this was about the best of rooms so far. It is nice to see that although I travelled as a solo traveller the room was not the small cupboard that you normally get. My last hotel room was considerably smaller. I could find nothing to fault and lots to praise. The owner, Paolo was very helpful and while there I noticed him helping several people with reservations for lunch, internet cafes etc. A wonderful visit to Venice made even better by the B&B.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo