“Lovely ice cream - Good range of flavours”

La Boutique del Gelato
Ranked #43 of 86 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Castello
Description: Telephone: 041 5223283
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Lovely ice cream - Good range of flavours - Not amazing but we visited twice. Well priced

Did get stuck behind a local who wanted a 5 minute chat with the server about almost anything and everything, but not their fault I guess!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

As recommended by Rick Steves in his Venice book; I sought out this destination to try the gelato on a Wednesday. I enjoyed my gelato very much, but left my Rick Steves book at the boutique. The following day I returned to look for my book and to buy another gelato. They found my book, but after taking my money for the gelato would not return my book. I thought there was a language barrier and they didn't understand what I was saying, but a gentlemen helped me plea for my book in Italian and they firmly said it was now theirs. Very disappointed in the dishonesty of the staff.

4  Thank Trissa C
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We saw this on the "top 20 things to do in Venice" and it wasn't as amazing as the article had promised. The Chocolate fondant, Chocolate mousse and Mocciola were great, but the Stracciatella was disappointing!

1  Thank Ishanee1
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Read a review of this gelateria calling it the best in Venice, but it turned out to be the poorest we tried in our whole trip to Italy. Not terrible, but not a patch on others. Consistency was mixed and flavours lacked punch. As this place is also on the tourist main route, value is not great either. Try Gelato Fantasy instead for Venice's best.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My daughter and I stumbled into this tiny place in a very narrow area and decided to go because there was a long line of young people waiting. It was awesome. The rest of our stay we walked there every night even tough it was far away from our stay because my other daughter and wife felt in love with their gelato.