“Great food and service”
Review of La Porta D'Acqua

La Porta D'Acqua
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
La Porta D'Acqua is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 1,472 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
Description: Historic environment with frescoes of 700 and a water gate of the original end 500 a few steps from the Rialto Bridge. A cuisine that combines Mediterranean and southern Italy than typical Venetian style. The restaurant is closed until the 22nd January 2016.
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We've just done our dinner here. Great service by Salvatore. Like the dished what he recomended. Highly recomended !! If i ever go back to venice that would bee the place to visit again ;) !

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I came across this restaurant by chance. We were looking for a quick lunch so just opted for pizzza which we both enjoyed on an an outside table in the sun.

Although we only planned to have a quick bite and a glass of wine, the waiter Salvatore was so welcoming with a great sense of humour we decided to stay for a couple more!

Thanks again for your great hospitality Salvatore even though you called us Geordies!!

Regards

Tim & Joanne

Reviewed October 4, 2013

It was by far the best dinner that we had in Venice. We had mix of Sea Food Starters and Risotto with Seafood. All fresh and excellent taste… The owner of the restaurant and the staff were also very kind and attentive…

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Because of the good rates on Tripadvisor, our expectation was fairly high for the restaurant. My hisband and I decided to have our last meal in Venice there.
However, the waiter was very rude occasionally and seemed rather surly during servicing.
Right after finishing our first dish, he approached and moved my cell phone away from one side of the table to another without asking. When paying the bill, he held the credit card for several seconds seemingly observing the details of the card and asked us if I am the owner of the card and if we were already married. (If that's a kind of humor, I just can't get it!)
Overall, the food was delicious though not the best meal we had in Venice. Unfortunately I would say our appetite was ruined by the potentially bad service.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our waiter was very professional with a great sense of humour. We enjoyed everything - the ricotta stuffes zuchini flowers, the bruscetta, the seafood pasta... Everything was fresh. The chef will also go out of her way to make you something that isn't on the menu. The only issue I had was that there was too much salt in the seafood pasta but the other five dinners loved their choices. I would go back again.