“Outstanding Service and Quality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Palace Hotel

Aqua Palace Hotel
Ranked #38 of 385 Hotels in Venice
St. Albert, Canada
“Outstanding Service and Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. I should have done my research and realized you don't drive in Venice you have to come by boat, and yes come by water taxi, pricey but good with suitcases. The airport water taxi wouldn't take us right to the hotel which was a shame, walking up and down steps lost one of our wheels on our suitcase and it's easy to get lost down those little alleys. On the way back we did get picked up at the hotel 120 euros to return to airport. They have a free breakfast which is quite nice, eggs bacon coffee juice fruit and pastries. The staff know everybody by room number to see them and they give good directions and advice about shopping restaurants etc. Room is clean and comfy!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the few modern hotels in Venice, this is a gem. I emphasize modern because it's a rarity in Venice and is very much appreciated when everything is comfortable and everything works - and there are elevators! Pricey, sure - but so is everything in Venice. Location is an easy walk from St. Mark's, service was great, amenities were fantastic. LOVED the gondola/water taxi stop right at the lobby. I would highly recommend selecting Aqua Palace. You won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Casey T
Oakville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We arrived from the airport via water taxi. We were welcomed and checked in without delay. This is a very comfortable and clean hotel. The room overlooking the canal was decorated nicely and a good size. The breakfast was rather good for a small hotel. No complaints and the front desk staff were always helpful and courteous. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Venice and would not hesitate to book here again!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Peregrining
Northwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

When planning a three week Europe trip from the US for five, I knew I would need to do my research and be patient as I worked through the details. From the start, the staff at The Aqua Palace responded quickly and helpfully to all my email inquiries. They helped me set up a water taxi from the airport (and also helped when our driver wasn't around when we arrived). They set us up with rooms on the same floor and answered all my questions. They directed us to wonderful restaurants and connected us with an incredible tour of Venice as well.

The water taxi is something I highly recommend. If you have a larger group (there were 5 of us) it was quite economical and really, really easy because you're dropped off right at the hotel (but do definitely let yourself get lost in Venice the day after you arrive. I promise you won't be sorry!)

Our rooms were on the 3rd floor and overlooked the canal. I've seen some comments about the garbage pick up (which happens every morning and to be honest, I found sort of charming). Honestly it never bothered us and the view is so wonderful otherwise I never regretted the choice to stay in those rooms.

The rooms were fairly large, especially by European standards, and quite lovely. Loved the bathroom, which was also large. The bed was soft, the air conditioning was efficient. I thought the decor of the entire place, the guest rooms, lobby and hallways/common areas was luxurious without being stuffy. Elegant but useful. There were even cookies and some water waiting in our rooms when we checked in.

Breakfast was marvelous and honestly, the woman who I think was the breakfast room manager was so exceptional. She took care of us, made sure my kids had the things they liked most, was just totally lovely (and I wish I could remember name!). Plenty of food. Plenty of variety. A great way to start your day.

The location is perfect. Right between San Marco and Rialto - easy walking distance for pretty much everything. Some really wonderful restaurants no more than three minutes from the front door. Walk around and let yourself get lost. We found so many wonderful things this way. The desk staff are really helpful with recommendations and do take them up on arranging the 2 hour walking tour - see the last gondola yard, learn about Venetian history as you walk through it and over the bridges. Arrange a gondola - it's touristy maybe, but it's a side of Venice you can't really see if you're on foot and chances are your gondolier will know a heck of a lot about Venice like ours did - and share it with you.

We would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Definitely go with a canal view room!
1 Thank Kim G
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our family of 5 spent 3 nights here and it exceeded our expectations for our first trip to Venice. We arrived by water taxi set up with the hotel which was perfect. We had two rooms just steps away from each other, a canal view jr. suite for my husband and I and a suite for our young adult children, both rooms provided plenty of room for everyone. The bathrooms were large and clean and the rooms were very quiet. The hotel breakfast was a wonderful way to start each day. All of the hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the location of the hotel was perfect.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ACS5
Rough and Ready
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have just returned from 30 days in Europe, 19 days of which was aboard the inaugural cruise of the Royal Princess. After a grueling itinerary we needed time to relax and recover at our disembarkation port, Venice. Having never been to Europe, it was merely by chance that I reserved a room for four nights at The Aqua Palace. I'm so glad that was our choice!

Arriving from the cruise ship via water taxi was the only way to go. Had we chosen the ship offered hotel transfer we would have been off-loaded at some pier with no idea which direction to head, but the water taxi (100 euro including all of our luggage) dropped us right at the canal door to the hotel. I strongly encourage arriving in the same manner as we witnessed others from our ship, dazed and confused and hauling their luggage through throngs of tourists, as they searched in vain for their own hotels.

We had no idea what to expect, especially as we arrived five hours earlier than the hotel's check-in time, but were greeted by the welcoming English speaking staff who were happy to announce our room would be ready within the hour. They set our luggage aside and offered suggestions for a quick look around the area while our room was prepared. We took advantage of the lobby restroom, then headed out for our first glimpse of Venice.

The hotel is very conveniently situated between San Marco Square and the Rialto Bridge-- the two most happening places in town. It's a five minute walk to either (though I admit the first trip back to the hotel took A LOT longer than that-- it's very easy, and sorta fun, to get lost in Venice!).

We joined the mass of humanity on the streets and alleys of Venice, taking in wonderful shops and eateries, then wandered back to find our room was ready and beyond our expectation. We reserved a junior suite with canal view and were shown to room #103. The elevator was convenient for staff who brought up our luggage but we chose to use the stairs for our entire stay. Our room was of decent size and had a lovely canal view where I was entertained by the gondolier who was stationed right there. The large marble bathroom was a treat (I did mention we had just gotten off a ship, right...?) and I was surprised to see a bidet as well as a toilet.

This hotel is NON-SMOKING which is huge for me. It was the only place in Venice I wasn't forced to breathe cigarette smoke.

Breakfast was included each morning, which was nice for us as we were not good candidates for eating in Venice. We are both vegan and I'm gluten intolerant, so Italy was a challenge from start to finish in the food department. The hotel, while offering yogurts, sliced meats, cheeses, scrambled and boiled eggs, bacon and sausage on the breakfast buffet (it all looked very high end) also offered a large assortment of breads, pastries, and dry cereals, which my husband enjoyed, and beautifully prepared fresh fruits. I was totally happy with the fruit and never felt I was missing anything. Of course, breakfast beverages were included.

The room and entire hotel were very clean and comfortable.

After a long day of exploring we felt as though we were returning home when we entered the Aqua Palace. We tend to rise early so were not at all concerned with the garbage collection which takes place on the canal in front of the hotel around 9am. It was really facinating to see how it is done, so we found it interesting as opposed to annoying. The nearby restaurant was a tad noisy until about 10pm one night of our stay, due to a rather rowdy group who had gathered at an outdoor table.

While the accommodation is everything one would expect in this level of lodging, the main stand out of this hotel is the staff. From the front desk staff to the bell service to the wait staff in the morning room, every staff member was memorable for their friendliness and welcoming attitude. The hotel was full from the moment we arrived until we left, but staff always had time for us-- offering suggestions on where to sight-see, shop or catch a meal. Several became friends with whom we will remain in touch and we look forward to returning to Venice, as much to reunite with them as for any other reason. They truly made us feel like we were in a home away from home.

A four night stay cost us a total of $2,025.61 US.

I can highly recommend this hotel to any first time Venice visitor. It's nice to feel welcome in a foreign part of the world and the English speaking staff made it easy for this lazy American to feel right at home.

Room Tip: The canal view was worth the additional expense.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

First trip ti Italy and didn't know what to expect.
We arrived in Venice and took a water taxi to
our hotel the Aqua Palace.
It was amazing as ow these drivers turned these corners with all the hustle and bustle
on the water. Anyway when we pulled up to our hotel which was on the canal.
We went inside and the lobby was charming. Everyone has been quite friendly.
Rooms were nice. Bed was quite comfortable. Sower was different but not a problem.
It is right in the middle of everything.. A bit pricy but it seems anything good you must pay fr

Room Tip: Ask to be facing the canal