“Lovely friendly and romantic hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Palace Hotel

Aqua Palace Hotel
Ranked #38 of 385 Hotels in Venice
cotswolds
“Lovely friendly and romantic hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading the other reviews, so knew about the busy back canal and the mooring points to service the sounding area. The Hotel arranged a Private Transfer from the Airport which started my Birthday weekend off in style. When we arrived it felt so special alighting from the canal, into a lovely reception area. On check in they advised us they had upgraded us from a Junior Suite to a full Suite Room 201, A large sitting room, then a corridor into the Huge Bedroom, off the corridor was the wardrobes, mini bar and safe and the very spacious marble bathroom, this was at the rear of the hotel so lovely and quiet. The next morning was my birthday, and as we sat down from breakfast (Plenty of good choice of food, and if something is not there please ask because they are very accomodating) the lovely friendly and very helpful waitress brought out Fizz and strawberries on ice, a lovely start to my special day. The rest of the stay was to the same high standard, we also liked the fact this hotel is so central, and its so easy to find your way every where from this point, the reception staff were also very helpful, they gave us excellent choices of restaurants for dinner, (I prefer the orginal style venitian restaurants). The only bad thing I could say was we had to come Home, and back to work!
I would recomend this lovely hotel to every one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lmg1358

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights late Feb and found the hotel to be exactly as described in every way. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. Our room, (301) was the room that had made me book the hotel and didn't disappoint. Very spacious sitting room with tv, corridor between that and the bedroom with huge wardrobe (aswell as the one in the sitting room) and good size bedroom with tv and large bathroom, with double sinks and big bath. My only gripe about the room would be it's lack of tea & coffee making facilities.
The hotel is very boutique and very opulently decorated, fabrics on the walls etc. It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.
Position wise it's perfect as it's in a fairly quiet location but midway between St Marks Sq and the Rialtto which I found really handy for our exploring. Our room didn't overlook the canal which I was quite glad about as the "binman" comes each morning on his barge and could be quite noisy, whereas we looked out onto a small square. Not much of a view but nice and quiet.
Breakfast was continental but plentiful, with the usual pastries, cheeses, meats, cereals and fruit.
I also thought room service was reasonably priced, if limited.
The staff we met all, without exception, bent over backwards to ensure you had a perfect stay and I would wholeheartedly recommend this place and I would say it was worth the price.

Hints & tips - I made the foolish mistake of pre-booking our gondola ride DON'T. I know it's probably because it's low season and I'm sure the same wouldn't apply in the summer or school hols, but they were ruthlessly negotiating. I paid 60 Euro's via Thomas Cook and in fairness was warned we may have to share the boat. I wasn't expecting there to be 6 people and for me to sit on a tiny wooden stool whilst my husband was expected to sit on a tine wooden plank. For 35 minutes!!!! We picked out gondola up opposite the Hotel Danieli and they were absolutely lovely. They said that for 70 Euro's we could have had our own ride with a bottle of Prosecco. Whilst walking round I also heard Gondaliers offering 40 minute rides for 50 Euro's, so go haggle.

Make sure you go to one of the recitals that are on in various places, a lot of them are Vivaldi, they're magical and well worth the ticket price.

Don't bother with the Hidden Venice & Ghost Tour, lovely lady but she kept going off on random tangents and it wasn't very interesting.

Make a stop at Da Mamo for something to eat, it's delicious.

Lastly we were told prior to going that a private water taxi would be around 180 Euro's each way. You can get them for 110, so again haggle.

Room Tip: We had Suite 301, not a great view but nice and quiet.
2 Thank CheshireCat1471
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Absolutely loved this place.... will go back in a heart beat.

What we loved about this place were:
* Location: centrally located to major sites, yet quiet and not busy as the hotel is located in a smaller alley away from traffic
* Decor: Beautifully designed, everything from the lobby, up the lifts, through the corridors and the rooms were decorated Venetian style.
* Rooms were very large and comfortable
* Staff at the desk were very friendly, helpful and professional
* Breakfast was pleasant, nice, and service was impeccable
* I believed this hotel is well priced, and you get what you pay for
* Boutique style hotel, more attention to guests

We stayed for three days and truly enjoyed this place, we really did not want to leave and have promised to come back.

I have been thinking about what to fault this hotel and there is nothing I can think of, would urge people who are looking for a nice quiet hotel in Venice to consider this one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

While in Venice, a friend and I stayed at the Aqua Palace. I've not one complaint about the hotel, the room, staff or food, but will say it was a touch pricey.

I'd recommend the hotel to all bcs of its location. The rooms will not dissappoint you (bathrooms are wonderfully appointed), and the views are spectacular.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
West Sussex, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hidden away in a very quiet area well situated between Rialto and San Marco, we found the hotel to be all that we needed.

Arriving by water taxi, always a thrill, was made more special because the hotel is on a tiny canal in the middle of the city.

Our junior suite (not really a suite, as I understand it) was fine - clean and well presented. We were on the first floor, with a canal view and it gave a fascinating insight into working life on the water. The area is very quiet and even with the double gazed windows open, Sunday mid-morning was peaceful and largely silent, other than the sound of church bells in the mid distance - perfect!

Finding the hotel when on foot is a challenge at first, but once mastered it is easy, and who could object to being lost in Venice's maze of alleyways and squares?

Staff were without exception charming, friendly and helpful, from the start of the booking process through to checkout.

Breakfast was very good, but like many of Venice's boutique hotels there is no bar or restaurant, but we knew that before we arrived. There are some lovely restaurants and cages just yards away.

All in all - a great base for exploring.

1 Thank Atticus01
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 10th Febuary for 3 nights. what a beautiful hotel , perfect in every way. Staff were all friendly & courteous. We had a canal view and it  was amazing to see a differnt way of life and romantic with the gondolas going by.

Bins are emptied every day however, this didn't bother me and I'm a light sleeper. I would recommend this hotel 100%.

Hotel is 1 minute walk from devils forest pub a great place to have a drink.

Any questions please don't hesitate to mail us will be happy to help,

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Dave&Gill
Suffolk, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in February 2013 and had no critical comments to make.
Corner room had 3 huge windows and interesting views from all of them. Double glazing reduces noise greatly, but you can still open them wide for authentic atmosphere (you can talk to people on the bridges and listen to gondoliers singing). If you are ultra-sensitive about noise perhaps you should avoid the canal side rooms (there are deliveries, of course, and the garbage barge ties up outside for some time every morning and processes the bin bags from the local area).
Corner rooms have unusual shapes as it's not a right-angled corner but there is still plenty of space.
Beds are really comfortable and bathroom recently refitted to a high standard.
Staff were all really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was extremly good with a wide choice, including bacon and scrambled eggs (always welcomed by us Brits!).
There were guests with children of different ages, who seemed equally happy with the hotel. We never heard any noise from other rooms at all.

Room Tip: Corner rooms (104, 204, 304) have fascinating canal views and lovely sun in the morning. There is in...