New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

London, United Kingdom
“Just FLAWLESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This Hotel in Venice did not fail my expectations:
the rooms are simply royal, beautiful and equipped with all the items you'd need.

A great price-quality relation, a PERFECT location and the kindest staff ever.

TOTALLY recommended, me and my boyfriend loved it and we shall definitely get back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ChiaraMEP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Aah - Hotel Al Duca di Venezia! Thank you SO much for a wonderful, romantic, relaxing Christmas. We stayed here for four nights. We booked an apartment, but on arrival were offered either the apartment or a hotel room - whichever we preferred. The receptionist, Michelle (all staff are SO friendly, helpful and kind) showed us the room & the apartment so we could choose. We decided on the room (one of the red rooms - wow!! Wow! Luxury, lovely! Gorgeous!!) We loved it so much, we really didn't want to leave.
This has been one of our best hotel experiences, and we travel a lot.
Location is fantastic - it's 15 min walk from the main tourist part of Venice, which we saw as a great positive because it meant the hotel was super quiet at night and we were in a less touristy part of town.
There are several fantastic restaurants nearby; a co-op and a patisserie / coffee shop. It's also very close to a waterbus stop, so is easy to get to from the airport.
The thing we loved about this hotel is how cosy it felt and how incredibly kind and helpful the staff were. Definitely the best customer service I've experienced at a hotel.
A decent breakfast plus great recommendations for restaurants, etc.
We loved it! Would definitely return and wish we were still there....
Thank you so, so much to the fantastic, lovely staff who worked from 23-26 December 2012. You made our stay so wonderful and we really appreciate all of your help and recommendations.

Room Tip: We loved the red room with the wood floor...! Very quiet at night, great bathtub, huge, comfy bed!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smileyfeet
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Al Duca di Venezia is easily accessed by foot from Sta Lucia train station and within walking distance to Rialto and Piazza San Marco. The breakfast was great with plenty of pastries and quality coffee to start the day.

Though the service was just ok, it was still a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LeaCasas
Indore, MP, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

--- THE GOOD ---
We had booked a family room via booking.com but through email conversations opted for a family suite and paid the total amount at the hotel. We were 3 adults traveling for 3 nights in Novemvber.

The hotel room was very lavish and spacious (Room 104). The room was very big and I mean very big. The bed was very nice. The decor was very good with the golden drapes and huge windows.The living room area was as big as the bedroom area. the sofa was huge!! and I mean HUGE!

The bathroom was very nice and clean although very small. The hotel was very clean and our rooms were also cleaned everyday. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic. We loved it!

I had requested for a room with a small balcony which room 104 had which was right above the hotel entrance / lobby.

The hotel staff was very helpful. I would like to thank - Prateek & Sakti for being very helpful during our stay. They answered all our questions and even help us book the daytime tours.

--- THE BAD ---
(1) The sofa bed although was huge, but sleeping on it was HORRIBLE. I used to wake up every night and had bad back aches due to the sofa. I could feel the metal bars under the mattress when I used to sleep. (but I have to say that it was the BIGGEST sofa bed I have ever seen in my life)

(2) The bathroom shower was very small. I am of average size and it was very difficult just for me to take a shower. My parents are much bigger than I am and it was very hard for them to take a shower inside this tiny shower pod.

(3) I did not know that this was a B&B instead of a proper hotel as on booking.com and tripadvisor it is listed under hotels. Hence, there was no room service. Also, paying this much price we as travellers take certain things for granted like room service, coffee maker in the room, etc but that wasn't there. I did ask about that to the hotel staff but they said that they just have drinks from the bar downstairs. No food.

--- OVERALL ---
In conclusion, I would say that the hotel was GOOD. It felt a bit overpriced but compared to everything else and other hotel in Venice, the price by the hotel seemed justifiable. I would recommend it to other guests!

Room Tip: Room 104 is the family suite room right above the entrance with huge windows and a little balcony.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank masandrahul
Taipei
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Al Duca di Venezia in January 2012.It's a little "secluded",but that's why we chose it.Quiet and very well managed.Loved the surrounding area with the small piazzas.
What a wonderful find!We stayed in the Superior Room (Red Room).We loved everything about it.
Bedroom:clean,quite big and well decorated.The beds were comfortable.We loved the purple Murano chandelier.
Bathroom:Clean,big and comfortable with nice amenities.
The breakfast was nice and the lady working in the dining area was always friendly.Breakfast was a nice experience.
The service at the hotel was excellent.The staff at the reception was always friendly and helpful.
There are plenty of nice restaurants nearby.These restaurants are as authentic as can be and are certainly not tourist traps.

All in all a great hotel.Friendly helpful staff and a very romantic hotel in a very romantic city.

We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Tip:Choose the Superior Room(Red room) it's a wonderful experience.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JohnofTaipei
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Since we coincidently booked our trip the weekend of the big gondola races, there weren't a ton of options to book that were nice at a good price.
This place was recommended to me by my friends who travel a lot for work and said they really enjoyed the staff and room here.
My friend and I did enjoy the apartment though! We felt like we actually lived in Venice and this was our apartment. The suite we got had a ton of room and the ac worked great!

It was a little difficult for us to find but I think some of that might have attributed to it being our first time in Venice. The girl at the front desk was extremely helpful and gave us a map and directions how to get around, even though everyone encouraged us to "get lost in Venice".

The location did end up being a great spot and only a 20 min walk to the train station.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Not really a hotel .... more a large guest house. Stayed a couple of nights.

Good location if you like to walk, only a few minutes from the train station. Rooms are very nice but the hotel had a very empty feel about it. Breakfast was very basic and charging extra for cooked option is very poor considering the room prices. Mind you, the whole of Venice is a huge rip-off so why should the hotels be any different?

Free wifi was a help.