“Worth a visit.!”

Ristorante Casa Bonita
Reserve with
Ristorante Casa Bonita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Description: Tipica cucina veneziana stagionale pesce , carne, verdure
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit.!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I went here tonight and had monk fish and sea bass and it was very pleasant.Quick to serve us,nice to be off the main street and you get to see a little bit of a sunset.Very good but not excellent..Worth a go!

• Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Clemente, CA
“Our favorite in Venice”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This restaurant is on the canal away from the busy center of Venice. It is near the historic Jewish Ghetto. It was our favorite. It had great seafood dishes, friendly and fast service and a great reasonably priced wine called 360. Many non tourists were there, yet our waiter knew English. We were there for lunch, but went back again on another night. Great great food, and very reasonable prices. Ask for Dennis and you will get get wonderful service.

• Visited June 2013
California Hot Springs, California
“Terrible. Worst experience in Venice.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped at Casa Bonita partly because they displayed a Trip Advisor rating in the window. I don't know who gave this restaurant good ratings, but I can only assume it was someone who didn't eat anywhere else. I don't like giving poor ratings, so I will explain why this one rates so low.

The service is terrible. Worse than terrible. We ordered some wine for our meal. The wine was brought out fairly promptly, but it took another 10 minutes for wine glasses to arrive. And no, the restaurant was not busy. Also, once our food came, a waiter was not to stop by our table again. We were a bit surprised as we had mentioned at the time of ordering that we would probably be ordering another carafe of wine. But no. There we sat. Even though the waiter walked past our table no fewer than a dozen times, he refused to make eye contact even when we tried to flag him down. (We are familiar with the differences in service and customs between the US and Europe. Trust me...this was just bad service.)

The food was utterly tasteless. I ordered a simple pasta that may as well have been rice cakes for all the flavor it had. I had to add olive oil from the table and salt...and then it only tasted like olive oil and salt. The bread was pretty bad, too.

When we were finished, we had to ask THREE DIFFERENT wait staff for our bill. It seemed that although they had no intention of waiting on our table, neither did they want us to leave. And at the end, the bill was FAR higher than the quality of the food.

If you have taste buds and like to be treated with some level of service, avoid this restaurant. There are just too many good ones in town to sit through this terrible experience.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Kyra S
Ottawa, Canada
“Friendly, helpful and great morning espresso”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I can't say enough good things about these people. When we arrived in Venice, we walked to our apartment which was just down the walkway beside this restaurant and our host was nowhere to be found. We don't carry cell phones on our European vacations because of the crazy Canadian fees and our iPads only work on wifi which is generally not available on the sidewalk. I walked down to Casa Bonita and asked where the nearest public phone would be.....back at the train station.....I told the woman behind the cash about our dilemma and she kindly offered to let me use the phone. This was so generous and I was astounded as I expected a shrug. We were able to contact our fellow, but since then, we go in everyday for espresso as I truly believe that one good turn deserves another. The food here looks good and the place always has plenty of locals, so if you're in this area, come down to support a local restaurant and enjoy the view along the canal.

• Visited June 2013
“Very good not perfect”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The food i ate was very good(Mix Fried Fish) and the portion was goodly sized. Only minor thing was the price. It was 14?