“Good enough”
Review of A Venice Museum

A Venice Museum
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
A Venice Museum
Ranked #105 of 222 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Macedon Ranges, Australia
“Good enough”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Sounds like this place has changed a bit since I stayed there, i didn't have to pay for my sheets and dinner was included every night, I didn't get lost trying to find the place but I'm sure i was partly to blame for that (i got lost in Italy alot!) The room was very simple but clean and on the 2nd night 2 more beds did appear but the new roommates were nice and we only had to share a bathroom with one other room, I never had to wait and it was cleaned every morning around 11am, I did find breakfast to be crap we only got toast with crusty old jars of jam and nutella but diner was fantastic We got a tomato pasta the first night and a pesto and veggie pasta the 2nd night wine was included but i just had water. I didn't find the place to be noisy, most people in my room went out the first night, i didn't hear them come back and on the 2nds night i joined them and had fun. There is no lockers but i never felt uncomfortable leaving my stuff there, nothing went missing. Staff were friendly enough they did my washing for me at 5 euros. It was great walking distance to everything but it sounds like it has changed alot since last year!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 23, 2010

The location of this hotel maybe good, but it 's only good thing of this hostel !!

The rooms and bunk beds are dirty, you booked 8 beds dorm but you may find 12 beds in one room and you will have only one bathroom of all guest.
No mention that you must pay for linen sheet, and No lockers.
A lot of bed bugs, it seem that they never clean up anything.

DO NOT STAY HERE !!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank PakkyPinkky

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I stayed in A Venice Museum for one night with two others.

LOCATION

The hostel is quite hard to find! The walking route itself from the station is not the problem, as we looked it up on Google Maps and followed that alongside the directions offered by the hostel. However, at the end of the instructions there were no signs to a hostel or anything indicating that A Venice Museum would be nearby! The hostel is located on the road 'Calle del Traghetto', be warned that 'Calle del Vecchio Traghetto' is also nearby and that the people working in the hairdressers there do not know where the hostel is! Eventually some further snooping found the hostel but there is no sign and you have to look for 'Museum' written on the buzzer outside the building. Other than this location is quite good, on a pretty little canal and in easy walking distance to everything you would want to visit in Venice, with good signposting to the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark's Square.

SHEETS

Be warned, there is an extra 5 euro charge (NOT deposit!) for sheets for the beds. I wasn't particularly impressed by this, especially as the girl working on the front desk (who, it must be added, was friendly and helpful throughout the duration of our stay) said we could use our own sheets and sleeping bags if we had them. This is a known way of bedbugs being spread from hostel to hostel, so would have appreciated if everyone was provided sheets. The charge seems like a moneyspinning scheme!

THE ROOM

The room itself was fine. Basic, nothing amazing but clean and decent.

MEALS

If you sign up before 17:00 you can get a 5 euro dinner from the hostel, which for us was tuna and tomato pasta, some white chocolate cake, and a couple of glasses of white wine. This was a good aspect of the hostel, as dinner was fun and sociable, and definitely a bargain compared to all other eating opportunities in Venice. Also, despite the 17:00 time limit to ask for dinner, I saw them let others pay for dinner after that time. Dinner was served at about 20:30

Breakfast is included in the price and was surprisingly good for an included hostel breakfast. It runs from 9:00 - 10:00 but I would recommend turning up earlier rather than later to get the pick of the cuisine! On offer was bread to toast yourself (standard bland Italian white squares of bread) with butter and a selection of jams. Slices of a cinnamon cake were also available, with fruit juice and water. Periodically the chef brought out fried eggs too which were a bonus!

BATHROOM

The main problem with the hostel is that, for an accommodation which (I think) sleeps about 50-60 people, there is ONE bathroom! It is not particularly clean, the bath is a bit gross but ok if you just want to stand up and shower in it. The issue comes when you need the toilet but someone has just gone in to take a lengthy shower. It's really annoying and if more than one person wants to shower at once, well, you have to wait it out when you should be out exploring Venice!

All in all the hostel is ok, good points were the meals/the staff who were quite friendly/the good location. Also there is free wifi which is very useful, and one laptop that can be used by all staying there.

bad points include the quite hefty price for what you are getting (we paid about 25 euros each), them charging for the sheets, and the single bathroom!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Long Beach, California
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed at this hostel during Carnevale so I figured the prices would be jacked up, which they were. It was in an okay location, a short gondola ride (50 cents) and a walk to St. Mark's Square. I was originally supposed to stay at the Venice Fish, which is the sister hostel, but there was some sort of mix-up and we were moved to the Museum, and you can bet we didn't get our deposit back.

The hostel wasn't clean, and we had to pay extra for sheets even though hostelworld said they were included. My friend got bed bugs. We paid for our own room (there were 5 of us) and we can back one evening to find 2 more beds and some people who weren't there before, and all the staff said was "OH, you have roommates now". The staff wasn't friendly, it consists of people in their early 20s. They would get drunk all night and if you ever asked then to do anything they made it clear they weren't happy about it.

My first night they did make a complimentary dinner, which was actually pretty good. Following that, they still made smaller dinners as the hostel filled up and breakfast was a piece of toast.

They were actually kind of fun, I met of people and one night the staff + a bunch of travelers went out for someone's birthday. But aside from fun, I wouldn't want to stay here again and I'd only recommend it to someone completely desperate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank gcullrich
singapore
Reviewed April 28, 2010

It was a terrible night stay in venice museum. The room we had was very dirty! the pillow i got actually had blood stains on it! I dunno if its because somebody use the pillow to kill mosquitos which is so rampant in the room! OR something else that i dun wan to imagine. But basically,the place and bed is just dirty. And its the first hotsel i have been to in europe that require us to pay for bedsheets...

The toilet was big with bathtub which you dont feel like using coz it looks dirty. No hooks around to hang your things..and window panels and door creaks when wind blows.. this place is just freaky eerie.. And the place is pricey for the quality of place and service they provide.

Only one laptop to share among many hostel stayers here.and there is no wireless.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dreamgal86
London
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The location is difficult to find. It is only an empty and dirty room with some beds(nothing else) and full of party animals.Rooms are in such a mass and I waited for two hours to use the washroom. Actually I booked an ensuit room but they just put me in a utility room with some beds in it. The staff and guests drink till midnight with loud music. They said the breakfast starts at 9am. However, I waited till 9:15, but the staff are still sleeping, no one was preparing for the breakfast. It is a totally worthless hostel. Actually you could find much better ones at the same price in Venice.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo