“Great value and out of the rain!”

Tavernetta San Maurizio
Ranked #1,221 of 1,490 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Surprised by some of the bad reviews, we were tempted in by the set menu displays in the window. We ended up going for the ?17 three course lunch, typical italian fair of ham and melon, followed by home made Lasagne which was delicious. A choice of fresh desserts and washed down with a decent bottle of wine. Ok the service was average but show me any happy workers in Venice, throw in free wifi and its a great place to get out of the rain!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Looking for a quick simple place to eat, then yes why not. It your looking for a nice sit down meal with ambience and a nice feel then maybe not. For the prices of the meals we think there should not be a cover charge to sit down.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Whilst this tavern looks appealing from the outside, don't be fooled. Should have known from the moment we sat down & realised that it was full of tourists.
The waiters were disinterested. Bread was served in a paper bag & virtually thrown on the table.
When my dish came, squid stew, it was a plate of black goo served with a stiff cardboard like white polenta. We couldn't get out of there quick enough. Very expensive for the extremely poor quality of food & service. Give it a miss.

1  Thank SkipK
Reviewed April 22, 2013

If I could give 0 star rating I would. I made the mistake of trying this dump rather than the osteria right across the alley... Terrible choice. I have nothing positive to say about this restaurant. Nothing. If you want overpriced, lousy food, with unconcerned service, and want to spend a lot of money for bad and overpriced food, this is your place! Do not go to this place.

2  Thank travelmeisteren
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A great surprise to find this simple and pleasant restaurant in a small street between San Marco and San Angelo. No chairs outside, you could walk by without noticing it. We had the last table for two for luncheon, the place was packed, also with locals, normally a good sign. I have eaten one of the nest linguini with sea food, and my partner had a perfect grilled sole. Together with a liter of good white house wine, our bill was less than EUR 50. A true find, I would go back there anytime!