“Excellent base for our holiday!”
Review of Alla Vera da Pozzo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Venice
Alla Vera da Pozzo
Ranked #250 of 457 Venice B&B and Inns
NorthYorkshire
“Excellent base for our holiday!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We spent seven nights here, our third visit to Venice. Emanuele's directions were easy to follow, room a good size, very clean, bedding changed regularly.

Very quiet location - a couple of minutes at most from the 'beaten track' of Lista Di Spagna, five minutes to railway station and ten minutes to Piazzale Roma. Although close to the train station, there was no associated noise of trains coming and going at all.

Lovely to wake up to a gentle dawn chorus of birdsong! Breakfast was fine, enough to set us up for a morning of exploring.

Emanuele was keen to provide lots of useful information and made us feel very welcome. I'd be quite happy to stay here again, I'm not done with Venice yet! Booking was very easy, Emanuele answered all e-mails promptly and fully.

Instead of getting a bus from Marco Polo airport, this time we used the waterbus - Linea Arancia - and got off at the Guglie stop - it was only a ten minute walk to the B & B (only one bridge to carry cases over) and a lovely way to see Venice from the water.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This place was recommended by the owner's mother who runs BB Gallion. Her place was fully booked so suggested I book here. I contacted them 5 months in advance and after a few exchanges I confirmed our reservation. Never heard from them again despite several reminders. I finally called to make sure my reservation was indeed being held and quite rudely they said they were fully booked by then and clearly hadn’t had the decency to reply to my emails. I was very disappointed.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HendrikM
Alla_vera_da_pozzo, Proprietario at Alla Vera da Pozzo, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Sorry for what's happened.
I could tell you the issues I've had with my email account but I'm pretty sure you'd consider it only a ridicolous excuse.
What really hurts me is that you've considered my manners to be rude.
Everyone who knows me says exactly the opposite.
Besides, I remember our conversation (I know exactly who you are even if the nickname doesn't reflect your real name obviously) and I'm 100% sure I've been humble as always.
By the way, I really hope to host you in the future so that you'll have an idea of what I really offer my guests and the kind of person I am.
You'll be surprised to know I'm not "rude" nor "indecent".
Best regards
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Had a lovely time with my husband at Venice! Thanks to Emanuele, our stay was perfect!! We stayed for 3 nights. The apartment/condo is very clean, contemporary and spacious and rather close to the train station - which you will appreciate especially in Venice! Emanuele was a great host, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast he provided was delicious and included homemade cake and spread (for bread) which his mom had made! Fantastic!
Would highly recommend this B&B to anybody!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank juslyktht
Prestbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed with Emanuele for three nights last week. We absolutely fell in love with Venice, and Emanuele helped us by providing a perfect base for us to explore Venice from, all of the local information we could need about where to go and find secret places that were off the tourist trail and by recommending our most favourite restaurant of all.... Trattoria al Ponte del Megio!

Emanuele's accommodation is ideal. It is comfortable, the room is spacious, clean and you have a tourist information office on hand in Emanuele!! His English is incredibly good and he is happy to go out of his way to ensure that you have all of the information you need. When we enquired, he even managed to recommend a wonderful little mask shop in which all of the masks are hand made by a local lady, rather than buying mass produced cardboard masks from the streets.

The accommodation is in a great location because it is literally four minutes walk from the train station and only two minutes from the Grand Canal. The local area is not noisy as you are set back from the main tourist streets. The streets of Venice are (as Emanuele explained) very safe at night therefore we felt very much at home and free to come and go as we pleased from the accommodation both in the daytime and the evening.

Emanuele provided us with a detailed map and introduction to Venice when we arrived, plus an invaluable recommendation about where to park our car to save money (as we drove across Europe to Venice) and of course the infamous home baked goods from his mother at breakfast every morning. The baking was so good in fact that we took some with us for the drive back to England!

You should remember to ask Emanuele about the Gondola ride that you can have for 50cent instead of paying 100 euros!!

We absolutely loved Venice and we will definately be back, I would not hesitate to stay with Emanuele again. Thank you very much for your hospitality!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amyst1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We walked from the Bus station to the B&B. The place is very near the train station. This is good as most signs around the alleys in Venice points to the train station. So it is easy to get back to the B&B on foot. We had a room with an attached bathroom. The place was clean, and had a nice bed. The owner was friendly and very enthusiastic about introducing us to Venice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hot_devil
Taguig, Philippines
Reviewed July 22, 2011

We toured 12 cities in Europe in the span of 1 month and stayed in about 14 b&bs. Alla Vera Da Pozzo is one of the top (if not the top most!) B&Bs we stayed in, in terms of the hospitable owner and location.

Emmanuele is not only cute but such a dear. He made a personal colored map to help his guests maneuver the crazy small streets of Venice. He also plots out good restaurants that will not break your wallet. Venice streets is a big mess and if you're patient enough to locate the restaurants, for sure you will not regret the food that is served.

His place is located almost beside the train station so that's a big big plus. We cannot imagine being housed in one of Venice's small streets because for sure we will never find our way home every night if that's the case. He serves awesome bfast with homemade cake and jams by his mother which taste so delicious. I even offered to buy a jar of her marmalade back to the Philippines and have been enjoying it since.

He has 2 very nice rooms, 1 with private bath and the other will have to use the equally nice bathroom by the corridor. We were told he only accepts guests for 1 room at a time. Not sure if he is willing to book both his rooms away at the same time. If not, his mother owns another B&B with good reviews.

Definitely a 6-star B&B experience!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kimerald_Evangelista
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of nights to explore Venice. Once given the directions by email it was extremely easy to find and a quick walk from the main train station, but the area was quiet and off the tourist trail. When we walked off the train and we saw a huge line of people for the water taxi, we were thankful we only had a short walk. Such a great location!! We stayed in the double room with private bathroom and it had more space than I imagined we would get and it was comfortable and clean. Emanuel was so helpful, his map with routes, places to visit and recommended restaurants was great, he really wanted us to enjoy Venice and was willing to give advice on anything he could. And his English was excellent, and he replied quickly to email queries. I would certainly return here if ever in Venice.

Room Tip: double room with private bathroom