“A very poor choice despite the lovely setting” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Alla Conchiglia

Ristorante Alla Conchiglia
Reserve with
Ristorante Alla Conchiglia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #473 of 1,376 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castello
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A very poor choice despite the lovely setting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We know Venice is not a city known for its gastronomic delights at a reasonable price, however, my husband and I never expected a meal of such appalling quality as we were served in this restaurant. I ordered a set meal. The pasta was served in a thick, cloying tomato sauce with a few dried up mussels that looked as if they were straight from a tin (I never did spot the clams). The main course was a small piece of fish in the same tomato sauce minus the mussels but with the addition of a few olives. The accompanying salad comprised of a few dry, iceberg lettuce leaves. Finally for desert, a slice of creme caramel with sugar crystals on top. I'm not a fusspot but I really couldn't eat it. The worst meal I've had anywhere - truly!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Surrey
“Lovely setting by canalside, friendly service and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Apart from forgetting our order for a pre-dinner Kir Royale, the waiting staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of choice on the menu with lots of fresh seafood and very pleasant to sit by canal. Obligatory accordion player came to sing but all helped the mood.

Visited June 2013
Reading, United Kingdom
“Don't be fooled by the location. ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

On arriving in venice my husband and I walked past this gorgeous looking canal side restaurant. I was sold in the location, so on our last night we decided to dine here. Big mistake and a waste of our precious last evening in Venice. The service was apalling and the food a joke! I ordered lasagne, which came out warm(ish), the presentation was non existant just a lump of food that you could clearly see had been unwrapped from the clingfilm and microwaved. I couldnt eat it. Such a disapointment. We were made to feel very uncomfortable as the waiters clearly wanted to finish for the day and cleared up around us, it was only 10.15pm on a saturday evening. We too had been overcharged on the 'service charge'.

2 Thank ameerasmummy
Gladstone, Australia
“Lawry our waiter made a great feed Benisimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

After my loving wife had me lost in the magic of Venezia, it was time for some vino and a feed. We walked past the Grand Canal and thought there wouldn't be much better then this view, but we'd noticed in Rome that often the dining out was best a little way down an alley just of the "tourist drag".
This little resteraunt is paired right next door to another just ove a little bridge and right on a canal.

We thought the menu looks good and seeing this is surpose to be the seafood capitol of Italy best not have the saltimbocca tonight.

To say the choices above were good is an understatement.
On the bottom of the menu card was the chef recommends, well if he cooks it and recommends it it should be good.
My wifes first course was the scallops and mine was the Black squid ink pasta. Both were dishes I'd had in Australia and I must admit the Squid ink at Lindoni's Noosa, is one of my most favoured Italian dishes.
Our seconds were Spaghetti “Conchiglia” or as aussies call it "pasta marinara"; and their "Fish". Those dishes alone justify a 5 star rating, but then the waiter, "Lawry" as he became known made what was already a memorable occasion just Molto Bennisimo / Top Notch.
I hope that he gets the oportunity to read this as he made our night, we still joke about it now and we ate at 24 differnet restaruants in 10 days and it is a stand out.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank An_Ozzie_35_over
ConchigliaVenezia, Cameriere Loris at Ristorante Alla Conchiglia, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice words, it's make me very happy.
I would like every customers like you.
You and your wife are really top notch :)

Loris
Laurel, Maryland
“Canal side dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I came here with five other travel partners without reservations. We were able to sit at a table right along the canal. We decided on this place because most of the restaurants along the grand canal are tourist traps offering bad food at high prices; Conchiglia is a great option if you would like to eat on the water. The restaurant is located minutes away from St. Marks but you would never know it since it is on a nice quiet street away from the huge crowds.

Everyone in our group was pleased with their meals. We ordered several anti pasa dishes to pass around prior to ordering our main courses, all of which were very good. I ended up ordering the seafood lasagna...excellent! We ended the evening with a round of Venitian Spritz!

I have seen several complaints about the prices of drinks and will share what the owner of the B&B shared with us (after we told him how much the Spitz were.) Yes, have some wine with dinner but go to a bar/caffe or entoeca afterwards for drinks to save money.

• Visited May 2012