We are in Venice for 4 nights. We just spent two nights at the Hotel Canal Grand and had an unbelievably pleasant experience. My wife and I just checked in at the Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli, and I can say with the utmost sincerity that it is one of the worst hotels I've ever experienced.
- Good location
- Beautiful building
- Nice lobby
- Entrance to the hotel is charming
- Incredibly rude staff (which normally does not bother me... continued below)
- Air conditioning not working (was told by the staff to open the window even though it was POURING rain and stank of rotten eggs outside, "we are not in summer" and "be practical in life." were said to me)
- TV not working (was told by the staff "every other guest knows how to work the TV, you just don't." Then, he proceeded to try to turn it on, and it did not work for him after 5 minutes of trying, but no apology! Then, when in front of his colleague, he denied the entire situation took place.)
- Shower not draining (issue ignored by staff)
- Can hear every footstep upstairs
- Yellow stains on the bedspread
- Black hair on the pillowcase
- No towels, given strange tablecloth things (when we asked for towels and soap, the staff questioned us suspiciously, like we were asking for them to give us the moon!)
- Complained about all of the above - nothing was done about it other than a staff member coming up to our room who told us that we were "just tense".
This has been a miserable experience on what has been an otherwise pleasant and relaxing vacation. If a relative of mine requested advice on where to stay in Venice, I would point them in the opposite direction of this establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli is located in the historic centre of Venice, enjoying the magnificent atmosphere and offering its guest private , quiet rooms, where a gentle stillness is interrupted only by the passing of gondolas and the flow of water in the canals. Elegant and romantic, 4 star Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli in Venice overlooks the Gran canal, enclosed between the splendid Church of san Stae and Ca’ Pesaro, with suites facing its green gardens and a waterside door to receive guests. The successful mix of decorations, in a perfect balance between modern and traditional, gives Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli an inviting and welcoming aspect, in tune with the impeccable quality of the service of a warm, highly professional and multilingual staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.