“Forget Murano, go and see Mauro!”

Artigianato d'Arte di Vianello Mauro
Ranked #10 of 298 Shopping in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: To purchase my studio is open from Monday to Saturday from 10.30 To 18.00. On request and payment I perform demonstrations with explanations of the production process for up to 5 people.
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Forget Murano, go and see Mauro!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I emailed Mauro early one morning in the hope he would be able to let my boyfriend and I in for a demonstration.

I was really excited when he replied and said to come down at 12.00 that day.

We headed over and spent about 45 minutes with him. He explained how he started glass making, and about his business. Then set about making a Clown Fish. It was fascinating and really amazing to watch so close up and personally. The fish took about 20 minutes and it was beautiful. I only wish I had the money to buy one!

We also went to Murano Island which really made us realise how impressive Mauro's work is, and the effort that goes into it.

Very worth the email and a visit. He is a great host.

Visited July 2013

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Glass blowing demonstration”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was a trip highlight for our kids (13, 10) and my husband and myself. Mr. Mauro was very friendly and informative during his private demonstration. He is a real artist. It was easy to arrange the visit via emails. His video directions to his shop were perfect. It is very easy to get lost in Venice! I would highly recommend this activity. (There is a pizza restaurant in the plazza if you want to stop for lunch and the mask shop sell hand painted masks.)

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome Personal Experience”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This studio is a little off of the beaten path but well worth the trip. My wife emailed ahead of time to have a gondola wine stop made and when we arrived to pick it up we were treated to a free demonstration. The owner is from Murano and very personable and passionate about glass blowing. Very cool experience that we will remember forever.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jake F
Bend, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very Personalized!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Do yourself a favor, if you thinking about a glass demonstration on a personal level and want the best in Murano Glass, look no further, Mauro Vianello is just the ticket. I brought a family along with me and one other single guest and we were treated to an up close demonstration of his work and walked away with treasures and memories, and did so away from the crowds! Thank you Mauro, I’ll be back and bring more guests when I do! Rod Hunt – Paradise-Bound.net

Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun experience, truly Venetian.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Our travel agent put this together for us as we all wanted to see authentic Venetian glass. While he is not located on Murano, his life story is truly Venetian and he is one of the last of a special type of glass blower that will disappear over time. Since he specializes in sea life and shells, it was a different aspect than what we typically saw in the area. Mauro is a must visit if you are interested in glass and how these beautiful works of art come together. He is a sculptor with an incredible vision. Make your reservation early and you won't be disappointed. We saw him create a seahorse and a fish and walked out with several shells and some jewelry that I wear all the time. His studio is small, hence the reservation. A fantastic Venetian experience. Thanks.

Visited June 2013