“This is a lovely apartment with amazing views of...”

Review of Guggenheim

the view from the Guggenheim terrace on the Grand Canal
relax and enjoy the view from the unique terrace relax and enjoy the view from the unique terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
relax and enjoy the view from the unique terrace
relax and enjoy the view from the unique terrace
have a tè or coffee on the panoramic roof-top terrace
the original entrance of the apartment
elegantly furnished entrance room
through the windows you can see the Grand Canal
living room with amazing view on the Grand Canal
living room with amazing view on the Grand Canal
this apartment has a distinctive style, very cozy
the amazing view on the Grand Canal from the living room
a detail of the living room
master bedroom wth en-suite bathroom
master bedroom with stunning view on the Grand Canal
prospectice on the Grand Canal from the master bedroom
classic style en-suite bathroom of the master bedroom
second bedroom with en-suite bathroom and balcony
second bedroom with en-suite bathroom and balcony
second bathroom with shower
opposite view of the entrance corridor
staiway to the attic level
in the attic level there is a compact but well equipped kitchen
in the attic level there is a compact but well equipped kitchen
the dining table can be extended to fix max 6 people
attic twin bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jill W
Hong Kong, China
“A disappointment”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Booking with Truly Venice – no problem
Arrival at the property – no Problem
Help and advice from the agent on arrival – very good.

The property! Oh where do I start? Firstly we were told the rubbish needs to be put out every morning between 6am and 8.00am, hmmm not really what you want when on holiday, but if those are the rules in Venice… however after the first day it soon became apparent that other residents put their rubbish out the night before. More about rubbish later…

The main lounge area is a nice comfortable, sizable room with good views over the Grand Canal, however we were told not to open any of the windows facing the canal as they were delicate.

The master bedroom was a good size with plenty of wardrobe space, however it seems to be the only bedroom without air conditioning and whilst it was just about bearable in April (it was warm and we slept with the windows open) I dread to think of the temperature in the summer?

I have to admit we ignored the “don’t open the windows” rule as you definitely need to let some air blow through the place especially in the master bedroom. I should point out there was a price to pay for opening the windows. Mosquitos!

Another disappointment was the bathrooms! Whilst I can appreciate space is limited this needs to be made clear in the advert for the Guggenheim. The master bedroom en suite was just about ok apart from the fact that the shower was over the bath yet had no shower curtain or even a shower rail. After flooding the bathroom during the first shower, the next day we went out and bought an extending pole and a shower curtain! Also the temperature control for the shower did not work so it was either a scolding shower or a cold shower. The extractor fan was on a short timer so steam build up is a big problem in a bathroom with no window thus making the bedroom even hotter.

The second bathroom had an extremely small shower however this did at least have a curtain.

The third bathroom upstairs off the kitchen. Well let’s be honest it can’t really be called a bathroom for anyone over three feet tall and unfortunately the occupant of the upstairs bedroom was five feet nine inches tall so she never used it. Great for small children, but pretty useless for an adult.

The kitchen was fully equipped although it really needs some updating decoration wise – there’s a good view of the Grand Canal out of a small window in the kitchen.

The upstairs viewing area was a disappointment it was not the relaxing spot you are lead to believe, yes it’s a fabulous view but the seating is not that comfortable and the windows are cumbersome to open.

I should also point out this property can be quite noisy with it being next door to the Guggenheim museum which has a garden where people smoke, so the apartment occasionally smelled of cigarette smoke.

I came away with the impression that there is little maintenance or upkeep of the property and that it is likely given the things the owner no longer wants at home and have passed their sell by date - for example the iron was held together with masking tape!

The towels had seen better days too, and we were given just one towel each (for a seven day let). Ah you might think there is a washing machine so just wash them, and that’s what I thought too, but with nowhere to hang or dry anything this was impractical. It did say in the hand-book that extra towels were in the master bedroom bed drawers, but sadly they were empty.

If you know all the faults in advance, frankly the apartment is livable, however we would seriously question the value for money.

The check-out. On our arrival we had agreed with the agent that we would check out at 10.30am and she even booked our water taxi for us for that time. However on the day of departure an extremely rude gentleman appeared at 10.00 and said “oh you are still here, what time are you leaving?“ We told him the time that had been arranged with his colleague, “but I have people waiting to come in“. We had just put the final couple of bags of rubbish out that morning (not wishing to leave it in the apartment) and he admonished us for that too (in the hand-book it does say don’t leave any rubbish in the apartment!) 10 minutes later the cleaner arrived to clean the place saying again that people are waiting to check in! WHAT A SHAMBLES, just what you want as you’re leaving. I doubt we will be using Truly Venice again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location
Liked least: The bathrooms
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Arizona

England
Reviewed January 7, 2012 for a stay in October 2011

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing