“wonderful venice find”

Hostaria Galileo
Ranked #1,055 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: The recently renovated Hostaria Galileo in the picturesque Campo Sant'Angelo welcomes guests for informal al fresco lunches or romantic candle-lit dinners. It offers a selection of "a la carte" dishes lovingly prepared by the chef using all fresh, natural ingredients from the area around Venice and the Lagoon, accompanied by wines from the well-stocked cellar. Hostaria Galileo also has two cosy indoor rooms available that are suitable for business lunches and dinners.
Hartland
“wonderful venice find”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

With the hundreds of restaurant choices in Venice, we were tickled to find this gem using our Tripadvisor City Guide to Venice. Hosteria Galieo is highly rated with good reason- creative, delicious food, friendly, warm service (Diego took good care of us), a great location on a quaint campo, all at a reasonable cost. Definitely not one to miss.

Brunswick, Maine
“Unusual food in Venice”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had lunch here on a lovely sunny day and the ambiance was very pleasant. The menu had very different choices compared to a typical Venetian restaurant. When our food arrived it was well presented and delicious. Our only observation was that it was even more expensive than is usual which as one knows if you have been to Venice recently, food can be heart stopping. So if value is a concern, this may not be the place for you. However, if you cannot eat another dish of pasta or another slice of pizza, you will not be disappointed in the quality of the food. And you may have room for gelato after.

quebec
“service was lacking competence”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

the meal was average the service generally poor.
the tables were much too close together,Restaurant lacks atmosphere.One could do much better in the many restaurants of Venice.Not recommended

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Creative food lost amid the tourist raps”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The only gourmet meal I managed In a four day stay in Venice. Creative and well executed. Superb pineapple ravioli desert

Winnipeg, Canada
“Not for me”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Let me say first that I LOVE FOOD. I love trying new foods, interesting foods, and will try anything. I knew from the reviews that this restaurant served avant-garde dishes, so I was quite excited. What we got was quite unexpected...

We ordered a raw seafood platter to begin. While, the limited fish did taste good; the amount of wasabi was unreal (and I love wasabi, put it on eggs and potatoes!); and the presentation was wacky, I wasn't sure what I was eating - sea worms or fish cut into strips...still not sure.

I ordered Gnocchi for the main. The gnocchi were tasty, but not all of them were cooked. The description of this dish said that the aubergine gnocchi came with goat cheese, mint and basil. I was expecting fresh herbs; however, these came in powdered form on the side of the dish - disappointing. My husband ordered a "pasta" dish of egg ravioli; however, it was something quite different. I believe it was fried parm cheese, with a bechemel sauce over it. There were also three gelatinous round things in the centre - all which resembled three eggs (interesting presentation); but the taste was just not there, very bland, and we didn't know what we were eating.

After reading the reviews in Trip Advisor, i thought we had found a great restaurant; however, we were sadly disappointed. My feelings are that the chef is trying a bit too hard to create something new. And, while the presentation was definitely interesting, the taste was just not there.