“Dont' miss the Spagetti Vongole”

Trattoria Aquila Nera
Ranked #1,137 of 1,435 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Mamer, Luxembourg
“Dont' miss the Spagetti Vongole”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We found this Trattoria by chance as it is hidden at the end of a small street. Only later, I saw that there is a sign guiding to it, when you enter from Campo San Bartolomeo.
It was exactly the fact that it was hidden, which caught our attention, and we were not disappointed.
You can find here very good and reasonably priced italian food.
If you like clams, you really have to try their Spagetti Vongole.

• Visited February 2013

• Hungarian first
Navi Mumbai, India
“Average”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

It is located in a very small lane near Rialto. Can completely be missed and should be missed! The service and food is bet average. Service is substandard.. The only thing good is the atmosphere...

Mechanicsburg
“Decent food at a relaxed pace”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Well, I read the other reviews, but our experience was fine. This is tucked away on one of the streets between San Marco and the Rialto Bridge. I likely could not find it easily again. The food was very good, I had both the spaghetti with clams and some of my wife's eggplant pizza. Not sure why they have some negative reviews, but I found the food quite fine and the staff was very helpful. We arrived at a quiet time in January, so maybe that was a factor.

I would definitely eat here again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Not too bad however don't expect much!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

It's in no way quality or service or customer focused so if you just want something quick kinda cheap for fuel it's your place but if you want to discover Italian cuisine this is not the right place.
We just happened there by chance wondering close to Rialto and it's ok but not amazing. When we went the restaurant was virtually empty but they directed us on the smallest table they had on a corner making us feel a bit awkward, I ordered a Venetian menu while my husband ordered a fixed menu, the Venetian menu is €24 and is 4 courses, the starter of sardines is amazing really nice taste!!! but the soup and the squid thing are aweful, the soup was more like a comfort food for students and the squid was grilled and it had a rubber feel of it so hard that I couldn't even cut it with the knife and tasteless, however the dessert a strudel was delicious. The fixed menu was €20 and it really was nothing special.
We had house wine and it's a drinkable merlot.
The service was with a smile however the waiters while not serving us were behind the bar screeming nonsense at each other carelessly and mocking the customers. I'd rather not had seen that.

Torino
“Typical tourist restaurant”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The restaurant is not horrible, but it is far from being really good. I would say it is ok. Regular food (they dont seem fresh, but they taste good) and average price (for tourists in venice).

• Visited November 2012