“Great location, but....”
Review of Palazzo Paruta

Palazzo Paruta
Ranked #76 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great location, wonderful staff, killer breakfast buffet, but our room was stuffy and the size of a rabbit hutch. We've had larger rooms on a cruise ship. We booked a double standard, but suggest you upgrade to a superior room. If you have the time, take the complimentary taxi to Murano for a glass factory tour. Of course you'll get herded thru the showroom afterward to make a purchase, but don't feel obligated to buy. There are hundreds of shops to visit throughout the island. Take the public boat back to Venice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This trip away was the most amazing time of my life! My partner and I booked this hotel online before even booking our flights, we couldn't resist. The images bought us straight away. When entering the hotel it was everything we expected and more. We booked a 3 night stay in the junior sweet and I can't not fault one thing! When staying on the weekend of valentines day, housekeeping had put my bouquet of flowers in a vase for me, left a plate of heart shaped biscuits on our table as well as sprinkling flower petals all over the bead. And left a little note saying happy valentines day.
We went out most days (spent it mostly in the hard rock) but one morning we ordered breakfast room service, timing was brilliant and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend Venice to anyone! It is literally the most beautiful city I have ever visited. And this hotel is just the perfect place to stay when visiting this city. Not one fault!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jmilor
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, well located and an easy walk to most everything. We really enjoyed the breakfasts we had there and also afternoon tea. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The only downside would be the size of our room...very small. But that aside it was clean and well appointed.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Located in the San Marco area of Venice, about a 10 minute walk from St Marks square, this is the former residence of a nobleman (according to the hotel website) which has been turned into a small boutique hotel.

I spent the best part of a weekend trawling through the hotels in Venice, as we were travelling for our engagement and i think i chose one of the most romantic.

The hotel is tucked away about a 4 min walk from the San Angelo water taxi stop. We travelled there for 3 nights in October and booked a standard room. On arrival, we were upgraded to either a deluxe room or junior suite, which was a simply superb room. We booked this hotel for its Venetian decoration and character and the room was beautifully decorated in Venetian/ Italian period style furniture. The bathroom was marble and equally impressive with elegant decorated mirrors and looked as it had been refurbished in the recent past.

The hotel itself is small in size and intimate like many of the hotels in Venice. The staff were superbly friendly, helping us with recommendations for restaurants and trips.

The breakfast as described in other reviews was excellent in terms of the quality and variety of food (try the freshly made crepes)..
We had the free afternoon tea on some days which set you up for the evening..
The was a lovely courtyard too, though it rained on most of the days we were there.

The hotel is also just 2 minutes from San Angelo square and all the restaurants and bars there.
Its a very, very romantic hotel, in a brilliant location, we absolutely loved it !

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe room or suite - you won't be disappointed if you admire Venetian character and c...
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice little palazzo with good location. A bit tricky to find, the main entrance is at a tiny bridge over the canal. Don't get too excited about the pictures on their website, most of the standard rooms are not that fancy. They are ok, but not super-romantic and decorated with red velvet. Actually quite average, small with a low ceiling. The bathroom was recently renovated, and in very clean condition. The breakfast was very good, in addition they serve complimentary afternoon tea + snack that you can reserve during breakfast.

Room Tip: The beds in standard rooms are about 200 cm, that makes sleeping bit unconfortable if you are more t...
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We loved our stay here. Our room was beautiful, the staff were friendly & very helpful. The man collecting our (very heavy) bags accidentally broke the handle off one of them & then proceeded to get his tool kit & put it back on, stronger & more secure than it originally was! More than we expected.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I will start off with saying that this hotel is the most beautiful hotel that I have ever stayed in. It far surpassed all of my expectations for lodging in Italy and even passed up my all time favorite which was the Ritz Carlton in Orland, Florida. If you have not booked and you have the funds to stay here, you will not be disappointed and should do so immediately! If you would like a high ceiling room then request it. This hotel is very accommodating.

We took the Italo train from Santa Maria Novella in Florence to Santa Lucia in Venice. The train ride was approximately 2 hours. Once out of the train station we made our way to the water bus and took ACTV 1 to the Campo Sant'Angelo stop and then followed the directions to the hotel provided by the hotel by email. They were exact and only took about 5 minutes walking. There was some difficulty with stairs for our traveling companions that had a few large suitcases but my husband and I only had one normal size bag each and it was quite easy. If you have difficulty walking or are in a wheelchair then you may have to find another hotel near the canal that will not require so many stairs.

Check In went extremely smooth and the young lady at the desk (Nicole) was absolutely FABULOUS! I loved talking to her every single time she was on shift and her recommendations for meals could not be topped. She spoke excellent English with a very beautiful accent and was very professional. The gentleman she had working for her at the desk that day took our bags to our rooms. We saw this same gentleman working as bellhop, gardener and also desk manager. He was a tall well built young man and was extremely friendly with a smile to die for.

We booked two rooms this time around. One for my husband and I and one for our friends that were on their honeymoon. Both were double superior. I had emailed ahead and requested a private location for their room since it was their honeymoon. When the bellhop dropped us at our room (161) and we went inside I could not believe the beauty of the room! It had about 15-18 foot ceilings, padded material covered walls, granite floors and a king size bed with a canopy. It was absolutely beautiful. It also had other beautiful furniture in the room and a TV that looked out of place because everything was really venetian in décor. There was also a coffee maker. We had doors that led out to a small balcony that overlooked a lovely courtyard. Your AC can be adjusted at the front desk. So if you want it to go colder or you want it warmed up, simply walk to the front desk and ask them. It is computerized and they are happy to accommodate.

Our bathroom was really well appointed with a bathtub shower combination, bidet and toilet. The toiletries were wonderful! I loved the vegetable soap. It was super soft and smelled really nice. It reminded me of Bvulgari soap.

My husband and I were sure that we were given our traveling companions room so we did not unpack and waited to hear from them. They came knocking on our door a few minutes later and we all walked to their room. It was a HUGE suite! It had a separate bedroom, a living room, a bathroom and also stairs that led up to a private courtyard balcony. I could not believe it! It was also decorated absolutely beautifully. Champagne was delivered by the front desk to the room to celebrate their Honeymoon as well. So the email ensuring a perfect stay for them was taken seriously by the front desk and they came through with much more than I expected and did not charge extra. In my book, that is EXCELLENT customer service and cannot be beat by any other hotel that I have ever stayed at!

Breakfast each day was served in the breakfast room on the first floor and it was also very good. Meats, cheeses, cereal, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, boiled eggs, breads, sweets, crepes made to order, etc.....also the best coffee I had in Italy as well as tea, water and juice. You definitely did not go hungry. They also provided an afternoon reception complimentary by reservation which we did not attend. I believe they served wine, snacks, tea, coffee, etc... You did NOT go hungry at this hotel. You did not even need lunch until late afternoon!

The inside of the hotel from the moment you walked in the front door just swept you away. They had the most fantastic awe striking antique furniture, statues, chandelier's, etc. in their living room. I could have just sat for hours in there and still not have seen everything. Their garden sitting area was kept spotless and all of their plants were tended to daily so you did not see any dead leaves or debris.

The security at this hotel was also perfect. At night the front glass doors were locked so that people that were not staying at the hotel could not wander in. This was not at all an issue if you came in for the night late. They were promptly at the door once they saw you crossing the bridge.

If you are a smoker, this hotel is 100% non-smoking. However, it is very easy to walk out of the front door and over the little bridge to have a cigarette; though it is most likely inconvenient during the rainier season. There was no cover to stand under that I could see. If I could suggest ANY improvement it would be a designated smoking area in a secure location with cover. Even if it is small. At least something would be better than nothing at all.

We had an early flight out of Venice airport. The hotel arranged for a water taxi (120 Euro) for the 4 of us. The taxi called when it was at the main Sant Angelo dock and we simply walked to them (5 minutes). When we checked out of the hotel the front desk person gave us breakfast to go with juice and water loaded up and ready in a bag with handles. Very thoughtful.

The hotel personnel were always fantastic. I just cannot say enough about them. I did not meet one rude person. Each person knew which room you were staying in and also tried to use your last name at times to greet you. If you had a request for anything or you simply wanted directions or recommendations for dinner or shopping, these Hotel employees would help you right away and smile at the same time. I was very sad to leave this hotel. I cannot wait to come back to stay in this wonderful hotel again. There is simply no better place to be. If you have not already booked your hotel, do not look further. Stay at the wonderful Palazzo Paruta and say hello to Nicole!

Room Tip: There are tall ceilings and low ceilings. Simply ask for a specific type of room and they will accom...
1  Thank ike7101