“So Close...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #70 of 386 Hotels in Venice
South Yorkshire
“So Close...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had reserved a Junior Suite room in this hotel for three nights as from the 23rd of March,2013. We had studied the accommodation on Trip Advisor and dreamed of staying here since we discovered it! The rooms looked so stunningly beautiful so we were extremely excited as we arrived in reception.
This was very quickly followed by despair as we were informed that they had no record of our booking and the hotel was fully booked!!! I showed them our confirmation papers to which they informed us that they had had some glitches with their computer system.
We were obviously incredibly disappointed and nervous about where we were going to sleep having travelled from Manchester that day! This is where my negative review turns into a positive review as although the two receptionists received a few angry words from me I recognised that the situation was not their fault!
Alessandra and her colleague whose name I do not know ( sorry ) were apologetic and worked tirelessly to find us alternative accommodation which was of equal par to the room we had booked. We were given coffee and biscuits and invited to their daily tea and cakes which are free to their guests each afternoon. Their Bellboy also escorted us across the cobbles to our new hotel!
Their professionalism throughout was exceptional and we would like to thank them for their efforts! We remain saddened we were not able to stay there and would love to return to give them a second chance though that's unlikely with money tight! :-(
I would suggest to anyone planning to stay here to confirm teir booking before travelling to ensure you don't encounter the same disappointment, otherwise, I would say go and enjoy as from what we saw it was still our dream hotel! :-)

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We checked in for one evening at the Palazzo Paruta, and my family checked in for four nights. The location is near San Angelo dock, a ten minute walk to San Marcos Square. The rooms are lovely - especially the quadruple room (151) with an amazing chandelier. The buffet breakfast spread is great too. My only gripe would be the service. The staff were very dull and even snooty at times. When asking questions they would tell us to hold and were more worried about answering the phone than ensuring our stay was pleasurable. It snowed in Venice and my aunt actually fell down and slipped on the icy stairs at the B and B. The concierge woman initially started to run to see if she was okay (my aunt sprawled out on the ground) and instead, quickly ran back to her ringing telephone without any words exchanged if my aunt was seriously injured. I do appreciate the free bottle of champagne to celebrate my marriage, but I will say I was very disappointed in the service. On top of that, the antique store directly across from the B and B accused my poor mother of stealing jewelry in the shop! It's a good value for the room and location - but please prearrange for the porter to meet you at the dock and walk you to the B and B or you'll never find it if you're new to Venice. As for the service, the blonde woman needs to smile more and act more interested in her clients. Maybe that's just Italy.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

we had a super time staying here in venice , location was superb.. water taxis and buses were very close by also it is very easy walking distance to all the tourist spots.. superb bars and restaurants close by and we had a gondola ride right outside the hotel front doors... the room was extra large ], high ceilings, all in good order and very comfortable, great breakfast and nice complimentary afternoon teas etc.. the only downside for me was that wifi was not accessible in room. we had to go outside or down to reception to get a signal.. and i needed wifi to keep in contact with work etc.. i did speak to the staff and i felt it wasn't just a technical hitch on that day and that they knew they had a problem with the signal in general.. but other than that i would say a great hotel nice staff and superb location....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is in a great spot in Venice. Located in Campo San Angelo, which makes it pretty easy to find, it is within walking distance of pretty much everything in Venice with both St Mark's Square and the Rialto Bridge less than 15 minutes away (be sure to have a pocket map handy!). It is also only 5 minutes from the San Angelo waterbus stop which is extremely handy. We stayed in one of the junior suites with a canal view. The room was large, well furnished (if perhaps a little tired looking) and the bed was huge! I would say that the canal view doesnt offer a great deal due to the proximity of the building's opposite but then space is at a premium in Venice! The staff were extremely helpful and a nice breakfast was provided. The hotel is also very quiet with a nice courtyard area to relax in. Palazzo Paruta also offered a complimentary trip via watertaxi to a Murano glass factory which we took advantage of and would recommend should you have some time spare.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights on the 20th March and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Gorgeous, clean room and really nice breakfast. I recommend asking the staff to make pancakes as they were brilliant! Great location, easy to find and in walking distance from everything we wanted to see. Right near the vaparetto stops. Really enjoyed our stay and would love to come back, 10/10.

• Stayed March 2013
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Firstly, I can't imagine why some people are leaving negative reviews, because I had a lovely time.
Those that have been to Venice before will know that it is a labyrinth to navigate through, though myself and my partner found it incredibly easy to find this hotel. Straight off the S.Angelo Waterbus 15minutes stop from P. Roma (Bus Station).

**Note on transport from airport to venice** Ideally the easiest and by far the cheapest way to travel from Marco Polo airport is to catch the ACTV bus from the airport to P.Ie Roma (Bus station) you can pre purchase tickets from the Veniceconnected website, or purchase them at the airport, on a machine just across the room from picking up your luggage. The journey will take around 25 minutes, and the staff on the bus are very helpful and will answer any queries. Once at the P.le Roma bus station, you can jump on the waterbus marked 1 it will be on a white sign. You may have to have a quick nose around to find the right que to join but it is very straight forward.
Then you can ride that for about 10 minutes until you get to Saint Angelo waterbus stop.*

The hotel, was just lovely, the room was just the right size, and the staff were more than helpful. Always ready to help with your every needs. We stayed in a Standard double room, and for what we thought would be your basic room, turned out to be a hugely romantic, venetian room of perfect size. For what ultimately you are using the room for, I can't see the need for the negative reviews.

Our room was ready as soon as we got there, and the receptionist was able to help out straight away with any questions we had. They are even kind enough to look after your luggage ( For Free) should you need to leave it there for the day after checkout.

Breakfast was lovely, a nice quiet room on the second floor with everything you need for a filling breakfast, for a long day roaming the streets of Venice.

They have free WiFi available, both wireless and cable. Just ask and they will provide you with a code.

The location of this hotel is fantastic, if you want to get to the heart of Venice quickly. With a 10 minute walk from Saint Marks Square, and 3 minutes from the nearest waterbus stop (S.Angelo) you can easily venture out without the worry of getting lost. Each bus stop and landmark are noted on signs, posted on the side of buildings. With an arrow pointing towards the destination.

As much as you will obviously want to see the landmark buildings and museums, I highly recommend venturing out during the day away from the tourist areas as you will find some really nice views and opportunities for photos. I highly recommend also taking the waterbus to S.Giorgio, which gives amazing views across to St.Marks Square.

Overall, I had a fantastic time in Venice, and would recommend it to anybody that is looking to go.
I don't think there are many Cities that can offer what Venice has.

Feel free to message me about anything else.

Room Tip: We chose the Standard Double room. Which was absolutley lovely, it seems some have given bad reviews...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kiall B
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is perfect for your stay in Venice! Great location within walking distance of the Grand Canal, St Marks square etc.

The hotel itself is immaculate, the rooms are gorgeous, Our particular room was small but so cosy and full of venician charactor. Huge wooden beams on the roof, gorgeous big bed, a little table with venician biscuits and a bottle of proseco on arrival. Breakfast again was in a beautiful venician style room, a friendly italian waitor would make you fresh chocolate and cream crapes and coffee, you also had good choice of breads, fruits, yoghurts etc.

Visiting Venice is an amazing experience but also very tiring, you find yourself doing a huge amount of walking, finding your way around the huge maze of alleyways, at the end of the day getting back to the Palazzo Paruta was like hiding out in a cosy, peacful little hide away.

Really would love to go back sometime!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple