“Great Staff. Good breakfast selection.”
Review of Palazzo Paruta

Palazzo Paruta
Ranked #71 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Worcestershire
“Great Staff. Good breakfast selection.”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Staff really good - friendly, helpful, courteous etc..

The room was a bit short on storage space - no useable drawers. It was a 'superior' room.

Very good breakfast selection.

Location is very good - not far to walk to San Marco, Rialto etc.

Very quiet too.

Our third trip to Venice & this was the best hotel by far.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank phlize

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 17, 2012

To begin with, the Hotel was much closer to San Angelo Aliguana & Vapareto Water Taxi Line than we expected. However rolling 2 suitcases over the stepped bridges to get to Palazzo Paruta, was something I did not anticipate, but don't let that influence your decision.

I chose Palazzo Paruta, because I read bad reviews of many of the hotels in the same price bracket, whereas Palazzo Paruta was given a favourable review.

When I began dealing with Palazzo Paruta, specifically Nicole Rosa, my questions and requests for tourism advice was replied promptly, giving me the sense of care and attention, even before booking or checking in.

I can sincerely say that Palazzo Paruta, met my expectations. The rooms, we're clean, neat and in very good condition. The bathroom was double-sized and I had no hot water issues. Breakfast was better than advertised. Without a doubt, Nicole Rosa is the star of Palazzo Paruta. She was warm, friendly and gave us good tourism advice.

I liked the location of the Hotell, as it put in walking distance to San Marco Square, The Rialto Bridge, The Accademia Bridge and Gondolo Stations. Lots of good restaurants and snack bars all around San Angelo Square. Value for your hard earned money.
Ravesh & Shobana Singh.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. It's the only room and the lift opens next to your room door and you...
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon and though our room was small, it was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was rather large with a walk in shower. The location is about a 5 minute walk from the vaporetto, which is a little confusing once you get off the boat until you get your bearings. But after asking a few people we found the hotel no problem. The hotel has a lovely courtyard, wifi and they had a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room along with italian cookies when we got there. We took that bottle on our gondola ride!

The best part of this hotel was the breakfast room and buffet spread each morning. Waiters in tuxedos took your coffee order and made it to order for you. The buffet included meats, cheese, eggs (hardboiled or scrambled), cereals, pastries, fruit salad, caprese salad, tiramisu and they also offered made to order omelettes or crepes. This is included in your room price. The breakfast room is also beautifully decorated in traditional Venitian style.

The location is not just close to a vaporetto stop, but also very close to St. Marc's Square. A great base location to begin our wandering and getting lost among the Venice streets and alleys and canals. We paid about 220 euro per night and with the breakfast buffet, this was worth it.

Room Tip: The rooms are small, but most european city rooms are. They do have bigger suites available, but th...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Location: The hotel is a 6 minute walk from St Mark's Square, and for my wife and I, perfectly located. Even in terms of the vaporetto - the stop was 5 minutes away... (S.Angelo stop, line 1). There are some of the top restaurants VERY nearby (Ai Mercanti, Baccaretto, Rosa Rossa etc) which makes it even more awesome. 5 stars here.

Room: We had a superior suite which was absolutely awesome, with a little balcony overlooking the hotel courtyard, it was just perfect. There was lots of space, a little table, a dressing table and a closet with a safe too. The cleaners did a great job every day too, the room smelled good when we entered it in the evening! 5 stars here.

Service: So this is usually THE most important bit - and apart from one event (to follow), I think this place has impeccable service. There seems to be a system of shared roles, where the bellhop is also the server in the restaurant and also the receptionist at night on another day... This is good, because everyone is 'in tune' with the others' jobs and can pick up the slack when needed. Some might argue this means 'jack of all trades, master of none' - I disagree based on my experience here. Anyway, the staff are polite and helpful, and as you would expect, they offer help and advice on anything from travel routes and times, to restaurant reviews and tour help. One unfortunate thing happened on our stay: On the third morning we woke up around 9am and there was no water in the hotel (taps, toilets etc)! So I called reception and they said 'yes sir we know, its a technical problem in the hotel, and we are working on it'. I asked 'when will it be fixed?' and they said 'hopefully by this afternoon'. This is not an acceptable response in my opinion. At the very least, they should say a SPECIFIC TIME - err on the side of caution if need be - say 4pm if you estimate 2pm - but say SOMETHING! I was wondering whether to change hotels etc. Anyway, I went down to speak to them, and was told that if it wasnt resolved by the afternoon they would move us to another hotel. That is comforting, but why wasnt I told this on the phone?! Agreed, this is a once-off, and may never happen again, and maybe they werent trained to deal with a crisis - so I wouldnt judge them too harshly. In light of the exceptional nature of the problem we had, I would still give service, 4.5 stars.

Other perks:
- They have a free trip to Murano to check out glass blowing etc (return is not free) - You do go through a sales pitch after, but worth it anyway.
- They have this awesome iced coffee and slushies from 4pm to 530pm in the courtyard - these things cost 3-5 euro apiece on the streets... and they are free here. Everything else is free too... Prosecco, tea, coffee and cake. This is a great touch, and there is nothing better to come back to after a long day :-)
- Breakfast here is pretty awesome - they make SUPERB pancakes fresh, and they have the good maple syrup which made my morning every day!
- The prices are high, but this applies to all hotels so I wouldnt really look at this as a SPECIFIC negative issue for this hotel.

Do stay here, you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: I would choose a room overlooking the courtyard, and make sure its lower, because the elevator is sl...
2 Thank Flum
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Me and my Grandma stayed at the Palazzo Paruta for 4 nights at the very beginning of May. It was absolutely lovely! We had been planning this trip to Venice since I was only ten years old and it finally happened last week. The hotel made it a truly wonderful experience. When we arrived we were greeted but a two very helpful and friendly members of staff. We booked a standard room which was small very perfectly formed. It was extremely clean and bright and decorated with a typical Venetian style mixed with modern class. The bathroom was all marble and spotlessly clean! The room was equipped with all the necessary facilities and it over looked their VERY beautiful little courtyard. Bearing in mind the size, they had done everything they could to make it a luxurious and spacious room with rich fabrics and ornate mirrors.
The courtyard is made up of two levels and covered in flowers and plants which made it a very beautiful sight to look out on. We sat out in the courtyard everyday without fail and had an iced coffee or drink (included in the stay). We were luck enough to have sun everyday but if the weather wasn't good enough to sit outside there was a grand lounge open from morning until night for guests to use and rest in. We often used the courtyard after returning from our evening meal.
All of the staff were extremely helpful and made every effort to assist us with anything we needed. One lovely member of staff even made a point of talking to us when he wasn't working but as we passed him going back to the room.
Breakfast, I have never EVER had anything like it! It was delicious! It was such a treat to come down in the morning to an array of every kind of breakfast you would ever wish for. The hotel clearly puts an enormous amount of effort into the quality and variety of food on offer. For a very brief example. You could choose from cold meats, cheese, salad, cereal, fresh bread, croissants, fruit salads, fresh fruit, three types of cake, grilled aubergine, tomato and mozzarella salad, peas with onions and butter, herby potatoes, a fully english breakfast, fruit juice, omelets and crepes to order and be made in the room with you as well as a special dish made every morning. The best one we tasted was a ham, mozzarella, oregano and tomato pastry roulade. As well as all of this choice we couldn't say no to the offer of a glass of prosecco every morning!
This hotel offers excellent value for money and I would recomend it to everyone. I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future as the staff, location (10 mins to St Marks), quality of food, quietness and overall luxury of the place really made my long awaited holiday an absolutely perfect dream!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Apeacock90
Dunblane, Scotland
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We booked this hotel to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. This would be our first time in Venice, we were looking for a quiet romantic getaway from kids and the bustle of normal life.

The hotel cost an average of €300 per night, booked through hotels.com - we'd booked a superior room.

Overall the hotel was not worth the money. The room we were given was pretty small and had strange proportions. The small windows (which were offset from the room through what I would describe as a small enclosed hallway) looked onto an internal square which was pretty grotty looking. This resulted in a lack of natural light in the room, making it feel quite hot and claustrophobic.

The air conditioning was pretty poor, most nights were uncomfortably hot (the room thermometer showing 25+ degrees centigade). The front desk claimed to be resolving the issue, but it only improved slightly during our four night stay.

Breakfast was reasonable (and included in the price).

I think the staff were struggling a little with their persona, they seemed to be attempting to be formal, but it just came across as awkward. They were able to satisfy most of our request (for example, wine glasses etc.). I would have liked them to be a little less stiff/formal and more relaxed.

The decor at the hotel was delicious, very pretty building to stay in.Being in a room that was only accessible up a narrow flight of stairs, and having to drag heavy luggage up to the room was a negative. Though given the age of the building, some discomfort was to be expected.

All in all, not nearly the best boutique hotel I've experienced. I cannot state it was a bad deal (I have no other experience of Venice with which I can make a comparison), I do suspect there are better hotels for €300 per night.

We loved Venice, we will go back, but not to this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with lots of natural light.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rockcharmer
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were booked into Palazzo Paruta for a five night stay in Venice.
The room was not a bargain, but neither were any others we were looking at for Easter weekend. When we were shown to our room, we were dismayed at the small size, and especially the very limited storage space for five nights of clothes. However, once we had worked out how to get around this, we had a very comfortable stay here. The bed was large and comfortable, the room was very nicely decorated, well cleaned every day, and the bathroom was good.
Breakfast was great with a large range of food, including the option of freshly cooked pancakes or omelettes, and freshly baked home-made cakes every day.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple