“The recommendations were right!”
Review of Ristorante Ribot

Ristorante Ribot
Ranked #296 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Berkeley, California, United States
“The recommendations were right!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We ate dinner here tonight because everyone loved it on Trip Advisor. They were right! Charming place, very friendly maitr' de and staff. Great gnocchi, great pasta with octopus and pumpkin sauce, and terrific dessert of chocolate and mint. And just 3 or 4 minutes from our hotel, the Moresco, that has been rated #1 by Trip Advisor. Cost was 65 Euros (no wine, but a beer). Thanks to other commentators sending us in the right direction!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney
“Fabulous non tourist trap experience”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a fabulous meal with our three children after a busy day sightseeing. Wonderful menu with lots of local seafood and wine. We were welcomed with open arms and they whipped up a delicious tomato spaghetti dish for our youngest two. Would highly recommend to friends coming to Venice.

Kingston, Canada
“*Superb* recommendation”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went there largely based on other tripadvisor recommendations and was not disappointed! I had a *delicious* seppie alla veneziana con polenta (an all-time favorite of mine and Venetians), a generous plate of tasty cheeses, absinthe sorbet (a must!), and some excellent red wine. The waiting staff was top notch and the courtyard in the back is so lovely. My wife could not join me but I had the greatest time just enjoying myself at this wonderful restaurant. I travel a lot and eat out often enough: this is a top restaurant with very reasonable prices! STRONGLY recommended!

Newcastle
“Best meal we had in Italy”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We made a reservation on reviewing Trip Adviors reviews, oh and so glad we did. We had been told the food in Venice was very ordinary, though have had great food but Ribot was fabulous. The head waiter remembered me from when I booked earlier in the day and was so lovely. Sat in the garden area, and yes service to start with was a little slow though once we ordered drinks and meals everything was great. They catered for our 7 year old sons needs of just pasta with tomato sauce which was delicious. I had an nitre of octopus with olives, tomatoes and a potato cake, mouth watering. My husband had the beef carpaccio which was so thinly sliced it looked like pale pink paper. Then second course, which I don't know how we ate because we were near full. I had the beautiful ravioli of sea bream with shrimp sauce, I was expecting a heavy cream shrimp sauce, no it was an absolute delicious sauce of perfectly cooked shrimps in not to much oil with cherry tomatoes. The ravioli was house made with fresh sea bream inside. My husband had the housemade black tagliatelle with scampi and was also perfectly cooked. We were all very satisfied and very very full when finished.
Highly recommend.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Delightful - in every aspect!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We chose to eat here on the back of TA reviews and our guide book and hadn't made a reservation. We were warmly welcomed and could choose to sit inside - very smart - or in the garden which is less of a garden and more of a covered outdoor area. We chose the latter and although not awfully smart it was very pleasant and perfect on a warm evening. The waiters were very attentive, warm, friendly and talkative when we engaged them. The food was divine, we shared a platter of Venetian starters which included the usual ie salt cod, sardines, octopus but also smoked salmon and baby octopus. I had the home made tagliatelle with scampi and asparagus which was lovely and my husband had the calves liver which was out of this world as it was perfectly cooked. He wasn't so keen on the polenta which came with it but which I would have loved. We had a wonderful red wine a Valpolocelli Classico. The restaurant is in a good location away from some of the more touristy places although on the evening we ate there the other diners were predominantly tourists but we were early. A very enjoyable evening.