“Great Food, Great Host, Great Time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria 1518 - CLOSED

Osteria 1518
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Maryland, USA
“Great Food, Great Host, Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We went to Osteria 1518 in September, based on a recommendation from our hotel. The food was fantastic! Lolo is very warm, friendly, and funny. If you can't decide, let him pick a dish for you. He'll choose a good wine, too. He's so good at what he does, he'll guarantee that you like what you get. How can you go wrong?

The space is cozy and relaxing. We were not the only tourists in the place, but there were several tables of locals, too. That's always a good sign. We walked to dinner from our hotel near the Rialto bridge, but the San Basilio vaporetto stop is right there if you don't feel like walking. We had a little trouble locating the restaurant due to some bad directions. It's near the corner of Fondamenta Zattere and Calle del Vento.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank KBandMB

• Korean first
TXAggieLady
“Ate Dinner here 3 times in 4 days-Chefs special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

A person at the Hilton recommended this place. I asked the waitress if the shrimp were fresh and
the next thing I knew the chef came out and asked me if I would like to clean my own, which I replied Yes ( since I worked on a shrimp boat during my youth)! He then took me back to the kitchen and showed me the shrimp were still alive and so I asked for a knife and then he said he was but joking. 4 nights in arrow my husband and I had the chefs special. It wasn't the cheapest meal in venice, but I guarantee it was the best meals we could have had,

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank TXAggieLady
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Wonderful food and great ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stumbled upon the Osteria 1518 while strolling around before our cruise was set to sail. A bit off the beaten path but well worth finding. We only had a light snack but it was very good and presentation was lovely. The service excellent and hospitable and when you toss in the historical factors it was an excellent last meal in Venice!

• Visited October 2013
Juneau, Alaska
“Good fun, fun, and the best tiramisu ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Osteria 1518 offers excellent, food and an incredibly warm and inviting atmosphere at a reasonable price. The proprietor, Lolo is charming and friendly and genuinely interested in seeing that his customers enjoy their meals. Marco, the chef makes tiramisu that is out of this world and should not be missed! We found this to be a refreshing change from the run of the mill pizzeria/panini establishments in Venice. Highly recommend!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rome, Italy
“wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Under new management the restaurant is a very warm and cute space. There are a few outdoor spaces where you can eat but we preferred the indoor space. The seafood is excellent and many different varieties were on offer. We ate many courses and everything from the beginning to the end was excellent. The wines we tried were also wonderful and not expensive. The proprietor/owner is very helpful and won't steer you wrong. The location is, perhaps for some, a bit out of the way but it is a few feet from a vaporetta stop and is in a very "venetian" area of town which has its own charm. You will not be disappointed if you dine here and I look forward to going back soon.

• Visited August 2013