“Fantastic!!”

AD Place Venice
Ranked #37 of 385 Hotels in Venice
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

After booking AD place for my girlfriends birthday following good reviews on here, I have recently returned from Venice and must say that AD place lived up to the hype, after getting off the water taxi at giglio pier we spent about 25 mins of asking people where AD place was but once we knew where we where going it was quite easy to find, great location 5mins from marks square and in vicinity of some lovely of beat restaurants and bars which we found where reasonable in price, we stayed in the November room which was on the ground floor and I thought was faultless, the staff in the hotel where fantastic and helped with every enquiry I required, the bar was open 24 hour which was a bonus, and we also booked opera and wine tasting through the hotel, both of which I would recommend. Anyone going to Venice I would advise to stay at AD place but plan ur arrival on a map before hand it will save a lot of fuss.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Neil S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Absolutely amazing hotel, so beautiful, charming and elegant. The location is superb, very easy to find and we could walk everywhere from there. Our room was so beautiful facing a canal and we could see the gondolas going by with the singers playing music, so soothing. The staff was friendly and the serve you an amazing breakfast. They will make your coffee, cappuccino, and fresh squeeze orange juice right right when you request it. We had an amazing time while in Venice.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 32Clau
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I would recommend that you call the hotel rather than email them requesting room availability. I got a response stating that a room was available which I replied to within ten minutes; confirming my intention to take the room and enquiring how I could pay for it as there was no link or anything in their email quote. Half an hour after that I got a response from someone else at AD Place saying that the room I had wanted had been sold "a few minutes ago". If they had read the email sooner, or if I had picked up the phone, it may have been a different story. I'm not sure if this is common practice or not, but I have certainly not encountered this before.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We rented one of the apartments from the hotel. We actually enjoyed the apartment as we felt more immersed in the culture than staying at the hotel. However, the hotel check in is quite difficult to find after you get off the water taxi. In addition, the apartment is not near the check in location. The apartment itself was clean, comfortable. Some things worth noting: the bathroom is oddly configured. The bidet is literally right in front of the toilet so big people will have difficulty accessing it. They never gave enough towels, no tissues and not enough toilet paper. there is no phone to call the hotel so you have to physically walk over to the hotel to get what you need. Before we left for Venice I inquired about train reservations. The hotel said it was easy to book through them. However when we tried to use the woman at the front desk to book she seemed bothered by our request. Apparently we needed to register with trenitalia and she told us that the hotel does not do this service and that we could go to a travel agent 5 minutes away. We were very bothered by this lack of customer service. We really expected for the price we paid to get better treatment a nice warm greeting when we entered the premises and this was completely lacking. Wifi in the room is intermittent and no English channels that I found.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014

First off, I'd like to start off by saying that the service at this hotel was great despite the accommodations. My wife and I were on our honeymoon during peak vacation season which gave us limited options within the hotel itself. The hotel is located directly on a small canal and while it's location is centrally located, the rooms would benefit from some updating. We had a room on the top floor which appeared to be dated and there were some issues with the air conditioning as it could not keep the room cool (probably around 75 F). The concierge was very understanding of the situation and allowed us to upgrade to the AD Lofts that they also operate which was a newly furnished apartment directly on the canal. Overall, the stay was saved by the helpful and friendly front desk staff that aimed to please.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, avoid staying on the upper floors as it is a walk up and there is no el...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Fantastic hotel situated near Fenice theater. Excellent room - we got a free upgrade to a bigger room. Good breakfast, very good location close to San Marco square and on the gondola path, so we could hear the gondoliers singing.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade to a superior room if it is available.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mnitu
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had a lovely couple of days staying at AD Place in Venice. The location is great, with easy access to major sites as well as to quieter squares. The staff at the hotel were really exceptional, helping us book restaurants, tours etc. All of which really made our stay wonderful. The only downside is the hotel has taken 'boutique' to a new level, our room was probably a little too purple for my liking (including carpet, shampoo and conditioner!). But otherwise it was a really fabulous stay. There is no lift either, as a watch out to those who need one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple