“Just "WOW"!”
Review of AD Place Venice

AD Place Venice
Ranked #41 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely stunning! Our room was so beautiful the furniture, lighting, accessories just perfect for our honeymoon. The breakfast was lovely especially the coffee! The staff were fantastic, they helped us with everything and even made up a walking tour of Venice for us which was fab! We could not have asked for more! Location is perfect just 5 minutes from San Marco square and about ten from the Rialto- it's also set off from the main streets enough so all you can hear is a gondolier singing as he rows past!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We booked this hotel after reading reviews on Trip Advisor and we were definitely not disappointed. On arrival, our room was upgraded to the Junior Suite with 4 post bed and charming decor. A bottle of bubbles was waiting for us, we opened the window to see and hear the singing gondoliers floating past right in front of us. The reception staff were extremely helpful and gave us some great ideas of things to see and do in Venice. It was very quiet at night and we slept very well. Breakfast was lovely upstairs with a quaint little buffet. It was a little hard to find initially, as we were not given correct advice at the airport and did not take the best water bus to get us there. I would suggest contacting the hotel for best directions prior to arrival as everything is so hard to find in Venice, even with GPS! We definitely recommend this hotel for a wonderful experience in Venice.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Murray64_13
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We were upgraded to a GORGEOUS junior suite with funky striped walls & furniture, a delicious seggifreddo espresso make, the most beautiful 4 post bed and so much more! I cannot say enough about how fabulous this room was and the fact that we could look out our window & watch the singing gondoliers passing by was such an added bonus. I should also mention that the staff here is truly exceptional!! A special Thank You to "T" at the front desk, the cleaning crew & the lovely sweet manager (I apologize for not asking his name) that walked us to the ferry boat & generously helped carry my luggage over the foot bridges. The staff here should hold training classes to teach other Italian hotel front desk staff how to properly treat a customer because they were absolutely AMAZING!!!

The directions on the website note to get off at a Vaporetto stop that was closed & it was VERY difficult to locate the hotel and navigate the bridges with luggage from the stops that were available. Aside from that, AD Place was by far one of my favorite hotels that I have ever stayed at.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous but the suites really were a nice extra something special!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked Ad Place in Venice based on its high ratings on tripadvisor along with the decor, location and price range. I was sooooo not disappointed! This is a true "boutique" hotel and is luxurious. I work in the travel industry (river ship cruise company) and do a lot of research before I book travel related purchases. I can say, I couldn't be more pleased with our stay at Ad Place. I'm not sure there is anything I can say that hasn't already been said....perfect/quiet location (although minutes from everything), unique and lovely decor, perfect staff, great included breakfast and the best espresso in town. It was the PERFECT 2 night pre river cruise choice. I can recommend this gem of a hotel without ANY hesitation. we will certainly be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sdbcruise
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Clean, quiet and over the top Venice-Liberace-styled decorating - what else would you expect from Venice? Breakfasts were fantastic, with lots to choose from, and a great coffee machine that was available all day. Location to St. Mark's Square was great, although finding the hotel initially was a bit difficult - which is true everywhere in Venice! Rooftop patio was a plus, buy yourself a bottle of lemoncello and enjoy! Ciao!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had first seen the hotel on Jetsetter, fell in love with it and filed it away in my head as a "must do".
When my husband and I decided to spend our honeymoon in Venice it had to be AD Place! We arrived just before New Year's Eve and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. They went above and beyond the call of duty on many occasions to accomodate our requests and make sure we had a great stay. The hotel is beautiful and eclectic. Our room was just as it was pictured on the website, GORGEOUS! You can't beat the location. It's close to everything without being chaotic. The sound of the singers on the gondolas is a wonderful thing to wake up to!
We were meant to be in Venice for six days, fell in love with it and ended up staying almost a month! Allesandro and his staff went out of their way to make sure we could stay in the hotel and later in the AD Loft (which we loved). I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel. My husband and I have both traveled a lot for both work and pleasure and I can honestly say that neither one of us has ever felt so much at home or been treated so much like family as we were at AD Place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BD-A1213
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Recently stayed in the loft. Nice apartment with facilities such as free wi fi coffee machine and kitchenette- all modern (beware that the isn't a microwave,only gas hobs). The apartments are in a nice location near shops and attractions. The staff were really friendly and helpful especially when my father fell ill, they sorted a doctor and taxis to/from the hospital.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family