“Romance, Love & Engagement”
Review of AD Place Venice

AD Place Venice
Ranked #39 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Romance, Love & Engagement”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

What can i say about ad place and venice in general, but gorgeous, beautiful & picturesque. The hotel is away from the busy centre, yet close enough to get to which made it the perfect location. Friendly staff, locals and help made it perfect for english speaking people like me and my boyfriend at the time - we got engaged in st marks square as part of our 3 day trip!!! The rooms were quintessentially venetian with such a fantastic retro feel that made our stay more of an experience. Highly recommend ad place to anyone who will listen!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angela S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Newbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here during our honeymoon. At first I had planned to book us in a room at the hotel property. The website showed no availability at the hotel though it did show a separate property called AD Loft available.

I told my wife I was booking it and was not sure what to expect. The site had a few pictures however at the time (Sept 2013) the Loft property was very new and had no reviews, etc.

Upon arrival we were escorted by foot from the hotel location to the loft location. Once we arrived I was amazed by the building, location and the apartment.

We were staying in a massive luxury apartment in a building with so much history the gondola guides point it out to tourists as part of their tours. Both my wife and I were a bit surprised we had been so lucky to book this place and were now going to stay in such an amazing place.

The location cannot be beat. The building sits on the corner of two intersecting canals thus providing an amazing experience. The entrance to the building is located at the end of a small street that ends at the canal. On the street are 3 restaurants with one being our favorite place in Venice.

You enter the building using a key to unlock the first of two iron gates that lead to an interior courtyard and large marble steps. The apartment is then a 1/2 floor up. (On the second floor is an art gallery and there was light tourist traffic going up to gallery exhibit.

The loft is huge and is a blend of old and new. There is all of the comfort features one might need including sat tv, wifi, mini kitchen, refrigerator, tub, shower, etc. The history is amazing. Look it up if you decide to book it. The wood beams in the loft have the family name and crest painted in gold, large windows open up to the canals, and the furniture is bright and modern yet actually comfortable.

We opened all of the windows and slept with them open listening to the sounds of the gondolas, canals, water and sounds of voices and music.

If you desire a real experience that provides privacy, a luxury apartment at the price of a normal hotel than book the AD Loft instead of a traditional hotel.

The AD Place is probably just as great but we only stopped by once during our trip.

By the time our trip was over we grew to love our apartment dwelling. For a moment it felt like we were settling in longterm.

The staff were amazing and though we were not at the hotel we received check ins, housekeeping and a generous gift of 4 bottles of wine, cheeses, candy and other snacks. Who does this? I cannot say enough nice things about the staff.

Thank you AD staff for making our time in Venice one of the best travel experiences ever!

Room Tip: Go with the loft if you value a unique luxury experience. If you need the hotel experience of a fron...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JG41MG
Kfar Saba, Israel
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Hotel suit for teenager mainly, reception service is good but not professional, Hotel’s maintenance need improvement ( heating, warm water, ethernet etc).
We do think this Hotel is 2-3 stars.
we did like to location and recaption team whom were kind to explain and help

2 Thank Y A
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We arrived to find out that we had been upgraded to the "Novembre" suite and it did not disappoint! The suite was about triple the size of normal European hotel room and decorated perfectly. Gondolas cruised past below our window and was just a great place to stay. Wish I could have stayed longer!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for my 21st and I have nothing to fault I had an amazing stay.. the hotel itself wasn't hard to find as I have seen other people say in their reviews. I have to thank one of the staff tiberio he made my stay one to remember very helpful and friendly and the hotel upgraded us into a beautiful suite.

I would advise people booking to purchase one of their extra packages they offer with the room, breakfast was great with a great variety to choose from.
If you are looking for somewhere to stay which is close to the centre this is the place just a walk away from rialto bridge and san marco square.

I will definitely be coming back to ad place 10 out of 10 for me

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole L
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Definitely a good idea to get proper directions to this hotel before attempting to find it if you're not familiar with Venice. Once we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the rooms, which are colorful and quirky to say the least. Its in a good location close to San Marco, but also an easy walk to the Rialto bridge and the Accademia bridge.

Staff was very friendly and helpful and the included breakfasts were what you would expect.
At one point my wife and I thought we were the only guests in the hotel, but in reality it was nearly fully booked. While there are only 12 rooms, they are well set apart so we hardly knew anyone else was there.

1 Thank SCV123
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This place is amazing, my partner booked it for a birthday surprise so I had no idea what to expect. we had a private taxi boat from the airport direct to the hotel and were welcomed by two members of staff outside the hotel entrance to help us off the boat and to take out luggage I found this welcome very helpful and memorable. The whole hotel is very quirky from top to bottom I felt like I had walked into Aladdin's cave. Our room had a four poster bed in a good size room, the wardrobe space was good and we weren't overlooked by any other buildings which made it feel more private. Our bathroom was also nice good size and had everything you need.

The hotel has a little terrace at the top of the hotel with wonderful views, we sat up here and had a few pre drinks and nipples that the staff brought up for us before we went out each evening and not once did we see anyone else it almost felt like our little private terrace in Venice, this was a wonderful touch to the trip, also were the hotel is situated seems to be next to the bit of river where all the gondola singers sing on there trips, so each morning getting ready it was lovely to hear it going on in the background and whilst we were on the terrace before going out we could here it as well, magical is the only word to describe the experience.

Each morning we had breakfast delivered to the room for no extra charge and on the morning of my birthday it arrived with a few glasses of champagne which was lovely.

The staff couldn't do enough to help you and recommend things to suit you around the city.

Last of all the hotel is situated just out the way of all the craziness that comes with Venice but only a few corners away from St Marcs, so you can stay out the way or get involved in a matter of steps.

If you are visiting Venice make sure you give this place a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple