“The Service!”
Review of Ad Place Venice

Ad Place Venice
Ranked #42 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Whenever I'm in Marco Polo Venice, I will be staying at AD Place, the most amazing service lovely staff, so sweet I got a tooth ache! Aww I wana be back there so bad! The hotel was beautiful AND rustic, that's a talent for design! My room was amazing and also they gave me Ottobre, this was the name of the room meaning October of course, all the rooms are named after the months of the year my Birthday is in October so for obvs reasons they put me in there ;-) Because of this everything at AD Place seemed so exclusive including my room. It felt as though there was nobody else in the hotel because the staff attended to so much, any thing we needed they were there above and beyond. Even if the hotel was not fabulous I would go back for the staff. I was on the top floor and I'm no good with stairs (lol, cause i'm lazy!) but on the same floor there is a beautiful Terrence looking out on to beautiful views of Venice! I had the best time and 50% of that belong to the hotel. Their so clean as well, spotless rooms every day, clean fresh towels, everything restocked once used amazing. I booked so early in advance that I got a great deal from their official website, I could book late because it was always sold out. My bed was fantastic slept like a baby every night, and I have insomnia! The location was next to everything! The best parts of Venice was on my doorstep, right next to Marco Polo Sq. You can go as a couple because the hotel is so damn romantic I cannot even tell you! Thank you so much AD Place hope to see you next year! (oh ps, when you book a Gondala book online, I did that, its cheaper by 5-8 euros!) x X x

Room Tip: Ok the Autumn winter rooms are at the top traveling down so December to January. At the top you get...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
adplacestaff, Direttore at Ad Place Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear Collett,

thank you for your very kind review. Your words are a motivation to keep on trying our best, and we are glad you loved our peaceful rooftop corner.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our stay at AD Place. The hotel rooms are spacious and each one is quite different in its decor. We stayed in the suite one night because our room wasn't ready and WOW - it is absolutely huge and just beautiful. Even has an exercise bike if one feels so inclined! Unfortunately, it wasn't available for the rest of our stay so we had to move into our originally booked room. Although much smaller than the suite, it was still quite spacious for a regular room and was great as well. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed it every morning.

The staff went out of their way to ensure we had a good stay with their recommendations and drawing of maps (although small, Venice can be tricky!). The location is perfect - just a few minute walk away from St. Mark's - close but far enough to be away from the noise and crowds.

Although slightly more expensive, I highly recommend booking a private taxi as they take you right to the door of the hotel. We say many people struggling lugging their suitcases down the streets after taking the waterbus and having no clue where they were going. Hotels do not have large signs and, unless you are already familiar with Venice, you may have a hard time finding your hotel unless you are dropped right there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at Ad Place Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Brenda,

thank you for spending some time writing this very kind review. We also appreciate when our guests give recommendations to future visitors, your comments will be surely useful.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Easy to find when you have been once, so we struggled a bit. Was worth it. Very stylish interior; our room and bathroom were compact, but had everything you needed. Rather a lot of stairs to climb, but then you are in Venice. Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice of juice, cereal, cold meat and cheese. Coffee and tea were always available in the breakfast area.
Staff very helpful. Such a good location, where it is quiet at night, is hard to come by. That combined with style and service must make this hotel a winner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at Ad Place Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for visiting our property and for writing such a flattering review, your words are appreciated.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Large room overlooking canal,quiet;excellent location but difficult to find;spotlessly clean,great breakfast included,friendly,knowledgeable English speaking staff;not a single complaint during our three day stay;value priced. The suite is enormous and beautiful. If available (unfortunately it was not during our stay)it is a great bargain and choice. Highly recommended boutique hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at Ad Place Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Amanda,

thank you for writing such a kind review, we really hope to welcome you again, maybe in our Suite!

Our warmest regards

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Everyone working at this hotel acted as though they really liked their jobs and made us (all six of us) feel welcome. There is absolutely no way they could have been nicer. The rooftop area was a fun place to have your after dinner drink. The location was good - easy taxi ride from the airport. Our room was nice with a view of the canal. Also, we were located on the same floor as the breakfast room, so it was very convenient.

Room Tip: It seems the rooms on the main level are much larger than others.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eileen R
adplacestaff, Direttore at Ad Place Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

we remember your group of 6 with pleasure, and we are glad you've spent a nice stay with us, we really hope to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Try drinks way up top with the stars out! The host brought our drinks all the way up & never complained or acted like it was a chore! All the receptionists were the best we experienced during our stay in Italy. There were 6 us in 3 rooms & they were spacious & comfortable. The breakfast was served just outside ours & was delicious with various fruits, breads, good coffee, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel as the best place to stay in Venice.

Room Tip: Don't stay off the main floor in the suite as it is noisy from the canal/street right outside.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Jan,

thank you for writing this review, your words are a motivation for us and a kind advice to future guests! We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We loved this hotel; we stayed in a Junior Suite (November Room) on the ground level, and although part of the room faced a tiny pedestrian walkway, it was very quiet. The other side of the room faced a quiet narrow canal. The hotel's location is very convenient, and I liked that it was not on the Grand Canal, as it is very busy. Highly recommended.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
adplacestaff, Direttore at Ad Place Venice, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Kind Guest,

thank you for taking the time to write this review and for pointing out our positive location. We really hope to welcoming you again.