“Great place in the real heart of Venice”

Review of Leonina

the Leonina is a charming designer apartment in historic palace
the living/dining room features a balcony with canal view ancient Bifora windows with closed curtains
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
the Leonina is a charming designer apartment in historic palace
the living/dining room features a balcony with canal view
ancient Bifora windows with closed curtains
Bifora windows open on the balcony
charming canal view enjoyable from the balcony
enjoy the truly Venetian canal view from the balcony
charming canal view enjoyable from the balcony
the Leonina features original terrazzo flooring, ancient wooden beams, contemporary style furniture
master bedroom with en-suite bathroom
it is furnished with great eye to details
...and original designer pieces
the mosaic en-suite bathroom features a luxurious shower cabin
the second bedroom can be use as double or twin on request
it is also furnished with class
...and great attention to comfort
details are important for the caring landlord of the Leonina
the kitchen is highly technological and functional...
...equipped with every sort of amenity
a melting pot of history and design to suit the most disherning guest
the second bathroom is smaller but functional
Leonina second bathroom with shower
entrance at the second floor
entrance at the gorund floor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Ralf S
“Great place in the real heart of Venice”
Reviewed January 29, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The apartment and the location are just perfect! You are in the center of the non-tourist (if it exists) regular Venice districts where you get a bit of your privacy and get an impression how with the Venitian are living. The apartment itself is very well maintained and gives you right away the feeling of being home. It's a wonderful place and if I ever come again to Venice I'm sure I going to stay there again.

robbo1963
Melbourne Australia
“Best accomodation in Venice”
Reviewed October 6, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Second time we have stayed here at this apartment. We love the location and ambience of the area. Close to Accademmia and easy walk to all attractions. Piazza San Barnaba delightful for a quiet drink. Loads of excellent restaurants nearby.
Grazie Venezia. Xx

Stewart S
“The perfect stay in Venice”
Reviewed September 25, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

I had long been fascinated by Venice and for my first time there I wanted to stay somewhere special. I found Truly Venice apartments online and knew they were right for me. I stayed in Leonina and it was perfect. Met by a local who told me of all the special places to eat or drink and visit, I instantly felt charmed. It was especially nice to have somewhere beautiful to return to after a day’s adventure: a delightful “home” where I could open the doors onto the canal and unwind with an afternoon wine, and listen to the students dashing by before slowly preparing for dinner out. The gelato across the canal was a wicked temptation but much appreciated. I have, of course, fallen in love with Venice and its winding streets, the cicchetti, cornetto con crema, the campo, and Dorsoduro in particular. I shall visit Venice and Leonina again.

Your age range 35-49
Cocoa500
Sydney, Australia
“We didn't want to leave”
Reviewed December 25, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed in the Leonina apartment for 9 nights.The location is perfect and the apartment itself was perfectly clean and well cared for, and also warm which was important during the cooler months, quality furnishings/fittings and linens made for a blissful stay. The apartment is ideally located nearby to great restaurants and a wonderful local floating fruit and veg market and supermarket are all nearby. We are returning in September 2017 but unfortunately are not able to stay at Leonina as it was already booked, further proof of this apartment's popularity, booked 9 months out. Leonina is located in a quiet location yet an easy stroll into the centre of all the action if that is what you are looking for. Truly Venice provided a seamless check in and were always very responsive prior to and during our stay. Check in by Hannah was very informative and very well done. Due to the quality of Truly Venice we have booked one of their alternate apartments as we are sure that their attention to detail will make all the difference. Venice is such a magical destination and the owner's of Leonina have created an apartment fitting of its location, thank you again for our most enjoyable and relaxing break.

MTB198
Victoria, Australia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed October 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Leonina is a great place to stay! It has everything you could want and is in a great position.
There were 4 of us and although the apartment is a little small, we managed very well. It has a beautiful little balcony overlooking a canal, where you can sit and watch activities below.
Daniela was very helpful and kind and all correspondence was easy. The instructions email after booking was one of the best we have seen, every possible option was covered.
If you're lucky enough to visit magical Venice, book it!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
nmazza
San Francisco, California
“They've Thought of Everything!”
Reviewed October 7, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I highly recommend this charming apartment by a quiet canal. The stylish photos are accurate. The Nespresso machine, champagne stopper, large bath towels, ample hangers and closet space and footmats by the bedside were icing on the cake for me! The remodeled kitchen is spacious and the tile baths look brand new and had rain head showers. The floor plan was good in the separation of bedrooms. We were just two friends traveling, but the apartment can easily accommodate four. We used the comfy couch and chair in the living room to discuss the day's activities. Not too many stairs-maybe 25-30? I am fond of the Dorsoduro and loved the location of this apartment, near San Barnaba and Santa Margarita. Near Ca' Rezzonico and Accademia vaporetto stops. I have stayed in a few different Venice apartments, but Leonina will be my new first choice. The gracious staff-Daniela- who greeted me spent almost an hour welcoming me and making sure I knew where everything was. Grazie tanto!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quiet location and clean condition.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Paola L
Burlingame, California
“Great location, but expensive.”
Reviewed July 22, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We were very impressed at the location, the apartment is wonderful, quiet, air conditioning, laundry available. 2 bathrooms. Just be aware it is expensive, which I think is common in Venice, I did not look at other apartments. I also did not like that I had to pay cash for the rest of the rent. I think they should of accepted credit card. I had to carry around 900 euro. We also had to put out the garage. For this price I would of expected some one to deal with the garage. In Rome for half the price, we had someone empty our garbage and make beds and change towels daily. Also there was no soap or shampoo. The Rome place had both.

Traveling group: Other
Management Response
Jul 31, 2016
Hello Paola,

Thank you for writing such a positive review of the Leonina! We hope you enjoyed the contemporary décor, vintage features, and charming canal view! We are sorry to hear you felt some things could be improved upon, but I would like to take the opportunity to perhaps offer some explanation. It is strange to hear that you were not able to pay by credit card. More often than not, our guests settle the balance by credit card. If you have an issue making a payment in the future, please feel more than free to contact our headquarters! Secondly, as we manage approximately ninety separate properties here in Venice alone, coordinating our maid services to empty the rubbish from each apartment as well as manage all changes in guest arrivals and departures is simply out of reach. However, in the future, if you would like to coordinate with us a daily cleaning service, this could be discussed. All in all, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Renting an apartment rather than staying in a hotel is a much more intimate experience and brings you a step closer to living like a true Venetian. Thank you!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing