“Great Restaurant!”

Ranked #332 of 1,594 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: Just accross the Ponte Ascedemia. Lovely and serean in a quiet pizza very near to Pizza San Marco. Wine not served by the glass - they open a bottle of wonderful house wine and only charge you for what you drink. Excellent friendly service and good food.
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband & I were in Venice for 3 nights last week. Upon Tripadvisor's recommendation, we tried this restaurant for our 1st dinner. The ambience & the food was fantastic! The mussel soup was humongous & the soup was delicious! Our seafood risotto was also good. The tiramisu was enough for 2 persons & it was really yummy.

The food was so good, we decided to go back for our last meal of our trip (a lunch). The service was not so great. One of the wait-staff, a man in a white jacket had the most unfriendly face & tone when he took our order - not a smile & very curt. But the spaghetti vongole we had made us forget everything about that! (Best I've every had & that's my favorite pasta dish!)

The restaurant manager from the 1st night was super sweet - I had wanted a tiramisu but could not finish the 2-person portion. I asked another waiter & sadly they did not have half portions. After the bill came, he told me to wait a moment & the next thing I knew, the manager who remembered us from the 1st night presented me with a half portion of tiramisu - freshly-made & on the house!

Barring that unfriendly waiter, this was the best meal of my 2 week trip of Provence, the French Riveria & Venice!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,340)

Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were in Venice for 5 nights and this was the best dinner we had there. We had swordfish stuffed with eggplant, pasta with shrimp and calamari and sword fish with marinara and all were very good. They finished the night off with Sicilian sweet wine and limonecello on the house.

1  Thank PassportEnvyTA
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Venice was our first stop on our 2 week tour of Italy and we chose to eat dinner here on our first night due to reviews we saw on Trip Advisor. At the end of our trip we were reminiscing about the food we ate all over Italy and this was hands down the best resaturant!! We shared a mussel soup for our starter and it was phenomenal! Next, I had Calamari e Calamari for my main course, it was excellent! All of this combined with great service as well as the setting in a quiet romantic Venice square makes this the place to eat at in Venice!

2  Thank EltonandAnn
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The hotel made us a reservation at the last minute as restaurant was around the corner. I had no idea until I went to write this review that it was rated so highly on Trip Advisor. We don't eat meat so had fish everywhere and really enjoyed the fresh vegetables, fish and pasta. Price was pretty much the same as other places we ate that use fresh local ingredients. We enjoyed the complimentary prosecco, lemoncello, sweet wine, and bruscetta.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

When we arrived in Venice the Pope was there and it complicated some of our dinners. I'm so glad that we didn't miss out on this wonderful restaurant. It was the best meal we had for lunch or dinner in Venice. The Staff and service made the experience that much better.