All reviews small courtyard clean hotel water bus google maps marco canal cannaregio cons bathtub europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel looked very nice when we booked it, but the stay was not so comfortable.The room was very nice but the AC did not work. We had to sleep with the porch door open (thankfully we had a cool night). The beds were also like sleeping on a rock and we didn't get any sleep all night.

Date of stay: September 2019
AlCanalRegio, Direttore at Al Canal Regio, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear client,

thank you for your review.

I'm sorry if you had a problem with the AC, which would have been solved for sure if mentioned to our staff.
Wish you have enjoyed your stay i wait you on your next trip to Venice.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

If you are traveling in Italy in late June consider good AC mentions in posts. It is miserably hot and many places such as Al Canal Regio have poor AC. The bed was very hard, as many beds are in Europe. The pillows are nothing more then the case and seem absent of any stuffing. The shower is very unique and makes for an awkward position while rinsing. If you get it for a good rate then maybe it's worth a try. It is located in a great place but from my explorations of the city, it seems there isn't a bad place.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is a total scam, there are many mixed reviews I will say that I made an effort to look past the negativity and checked it out. Immediately upon arrival I quickly realized that the negative reviews were extremely accurate and I left. It was disgustingly dirty, I never once saw a single employee and my key was left at a front desk with a note explaining I’ll be checked in the next day. I hope you spend the extra $100-$200 and get a nice hotel that is clean, safe and staffed with people. Do not book here.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AlCanalRegio, Direttore at Al Canal Regio, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2019

Dear client,

thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay.
All the points you have mentioned were accurately described on our website and any other booking engine.
As per your complain about cleaning, it's already been explained on site that usury is much different from 'dirty'.

With Best Regards

Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

When we arrived the reception was closed, despite it only being 5pm. Our key was left out on the table with a note. The first time we saw someone at reception was after 4 days, to check out! They were particularly unfriendly and unhelpful! They didn’t even ask how our stay had been! Probably best because the room was like a sauna, with no aircon and the bed was THE most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept in!! It was solid like concrete!

Despite that the room was very clean and the location was great!

Not one we’d rush back to though!

Date of stay: May 2019

Dear client,

thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Our reception opening time is specified in any booking website but we would like to point out that our phone operator is always available for our clients during the office closure.
As per your complain about the air conditioning, we are sorry you have found your room with a no proper temperature but our low does not allow the a/c to be turned on before a specific date.

Wish to have you again as our welcome guest to offer you a pleasant stay

Kind Regards

Reviewed May 13, 2019

I was very reluctant to stay after reading so many bad reviews - but oh my what a surprise it was. We checked in at 1:30 and the staff were very friendly - one thing we thought was strange was having to buzz to get in to the courtyard. Its a little bit tricky to find and google maps takes you to a dead end. The rooms were lovely and the bed comfortable. The shower was always hot we didn't have an issue. Please ignore the reviews and just enjoy the stay its very pleasant. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AlCanalRegio, Responsabile reception at Al Canal Regio, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Customer,
I thank you personally for the kind words about our structure.
Our renovated rooms are very comfortable for a stay in the city of Venice.
We really hope you will come back to visit us again in the future.
Best regards