“Small dishes not special”
Review of Tian Jin

Tian Jin
Ranked #950 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
Reviewed September 20, 2013

The dishes we ordered were so small and exspansive. The taste was okay. The owner was very rude to her customers.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I travel frequently and make it a point to try out Chinese food in cities across the world. I've also tried food from almost every province in China - so no Chinese food is alien to me. Tian Jin is unfortunately one of those places that make me feel embarrassed to be eating in. If you had been there and tried the food - I can safely tell you that this is NOT how good Chinese food is done.

Even if you crave some Chinese food after weeks of pastas and pizzas - do not bother with Tian Jin.

2  Thank WilliamNg111
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We ordered kung pao pork and tofu with vegetables. I thought the taste was okay, not great but edible enough, though my husband thought it wasn't good at all. There was a cover charge of 1.30 euro per person, plus another service charge of 12%. The percent based service charge was where it added up. For two dishes with two bowls of rice and two fruit juices, we spent close to 30 euro. Very expensive compared to how Chinese food was priced generally. Not to mention that their food portion was very small.

As far as the service, I told my husband to speak to them and order in Chinese. In my experience, most of the times if you speak Chinese in a Chinese restaurant in Europe or US, their service became much better. So yeah, we didn't have any problem with their service. They were polite enough to us.

1  Thank felicia_alvita
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was shocked when our bill came out to €58 when we didn't exactly had a banquet. I wouldn't mind paying for whatever as long as I know what i'm paying for from the start. So we asked the waiter for an itemized breakdown. The lady owner?then took over and explained to us. Aside from the food, there was a table charge + tax included on the price( the tables and chairs were made of Plastic, by the way!) , thus bumping up the total price. Now, like I said, I wouldn't mind paying whatever the price is as long as I know what I am paying for. The portions were the smallest we have had in all the restaurant we visited in Italy.I think this is a deceiving, money-scheming way to get to charge more from the customers. We had a meal the previous night right by the Grand canal, with a wonderful view of the Rialto and the gondolas, etc...and our bill was what we expected. No hidden charges.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were horrified by the bad behavior of the owners. We went into this Chinese restaurant but did not find what we wanted after being seated and talking to the waiter. So my husband told them gently and went out the door, the female owner appeared and demanded in a very rude manner that we pay 1:50 Euro for his use of toilet. She pushed me and grabbed my iPad and arm and said "Do not leave unless you pay, or else I call the police", and pushed me back harder. My husband pulled her away, but suddenly her husband and son came onto my husband, my husband struggled and their son punched him into his eye. We paid them to let us go. We needed to seek treatment immediately at the emergency hospital and reported this to the police.

DO NOT EAT IN this restaurant for the owners do not show courtesy to visitors.

6  Thank PHS4235