“Make sure you book for this place”
Review of Da Mamo

Da Mamo
Reserve with
Da Mamo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,472 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: This cozy little restaurant in the heart of Venice right near Rialto Bridge is a must if you want good food at reasonable prices, a great ambiance, and the opportunity to see people from all over the world.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our group of 4 dined at Da Mamo's on 2 occasions. Our first experience was a walk-in, but luckily we were able to get a table as it was fairly early in the evening, but many potential customers were turned away as the place was booked out. The food is great, the staff are excellent, both in service and personality. On each of our visits our waiter "played" the game and our dining experience was made so much better by their relaxed and friendly approach. And the man in the kitchen, slaving over a 4 burner stove to produce such wonderful meals, deserves a special mention.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,078)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

this is a very cosy restaurant with nice menu. the staff were very friendly and unpretentious and the food good. much better then other places much more expenive.surprised i can see a couple of negative reviews which is hard to believe as i like to observe and i observed how they treated everyone with great respect. obviously some people hard to please but i found the food, service and wine good. i look forward to go back next trip.

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

While everyone has a different experience at a restaurant I was fortunate to have a great one here.

Went in by chance and managed to get a seat (thought right at the door). The whole place was packed. Probably also easier because I was alone. But I noticed that people (who usually came in pairs) were seated after not more than 15 mins which I think is reasonable for any good restaurant.

The service was great ALL the waiters (at least on the day I was there) spoke English and the "Pisces" pizza was simply amazinggggg. They did not press me to order more items on the menu (and even when they did they did it jokingly and were not rude when I declined unlike in many other restaurants).

Also ended of with a complimentary melon shot in an edible chocolate cup when I called for the check.

Couldn't have had a more pleasant experience here. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Ugeniejane
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to Da Mamo after reading reviews and finding that out first choice was closed on Wednesday nights. The wait staff was so friendly and sweet and accommodating. We were late for our reservation by a half hour but they seated us within ten minutes, dispite the whole place being completely
full!
I had the spaghetti with black sauce and cuttlefish which was TO DIE FOR! My friends had two other pasta dishes which were equally as good. We ended up rotating our plates for the whole meal! The waiters were so nice and we stayed for almost three hours just enjoying the atmosphere and the food. Great experience! Made us fall in love with Venice!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My "Scorpio" pizza was really good! really, really good. The place is popular, so a reservation would be recommended. The service is fast and efficient. The prices are decent (not so good as in the local places, but still). Located close to Rialto. Recommend :)

1  Thank EvgeniaRe