“Best meal in Venice”
Review of Da Mamo

Da Mamo
Reserve with
Da Mamo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: This cozy little restaurant in the heart of Venice right near Rialto Bridge is a must if you want good food at reasonable prices, a great ambiance, and the opportunity to see people from all over the world.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good service, good ambiance, good food.

This was our favorite restaurant during our 5 days in Venice, went there twice. First time we were really lucky, got a table without reservation. But the place is really small, so it's better to make reservation, even a day ahead, which we did the second time. We tired their pizza, pasta, and fish. The pizza is the most delicious of them all. Cute place, worth finding and trying. This is exactly how I imagined a charming cozy Italian restaurant looks like!

1  Thank lfc210

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Visited Da Mamo after reading about it on Trip Advisor. Absolutely worth the trip. My ravioli was fantastic. My wife's pizza was excellent, but a little soggy in the middle (but I just like crisp crust all the way through). Only spent 41 Euro for wine and entrees for two, and left very satisfied and full. Excellent service too!!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went to Da Mamo on my first night in Italy for a caprese and glass of wine, and had a reasonably good time. I tried this evening at 8:45pm, intending to have a full course meal, and was turned away. I had a feeling it was because I was a solo diner at peak hour. There were empty tables. It's hard enough going to a nicer restaurant on your own without having to worry about being turned away because I am not spending the amount for two people. I went to Ristorante Mario Alla Fava and even though they were busy, I was welcomed with open arms.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I will preface this by saying we had a great experience at the restaurant on our first night in Venice. So good in fact that we wanted to eat here our second night. We have two children and they loved the pizza (even though Venice is not known for Pizza). The staff was great and our waiter (his name is If) was the best! The house wine was really good and the total bill was only 60 Euro. We had such a great experience that I tipped 10Euro and told them we would like to come back at 7pm the next night and the head waiter said 730pm would be good.

We showed up the next night at 720pm and we saw If and he welcomed us and the girls warmly. He told us to sit at the table set for 4 people and the head waiter came and told our 5 and 6 year olds that we could not stay because they gave our table away. The girls lost their minds and were visibly upset. We walked out of the restaurant and our girls started balling! They couldn't understand why we could not eat at "their" restaurant. After seeing this, I went back in and asked what time we could be seated. They said we could come back at 815pm.. I said thanks and left to find another restaurant.

We were disappointed because of their total disregard for our reservation and the fact that they said 730pm. As Dobbyi said, good luck finding it, the maps have it in a totally different part of the city, if the maps were correct we would have been at the restaurant around 710pm because I always want to be early for our reservation. I would pass on this restaurant because they acted like jerks!

1  Thank vols39
Ale_Pal_VE, Proprietario at Da Mamo, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Buongirono Vols39
we are very sorry for the missunderstanding... it is our fault because the reservation was written wrongly at 19,00!!! that's why we gave the table away. Every evening we have to cancel 4/5 reservations that do not show up!!!... we only have 36 seats, fortunately very busy, and we always inform our guests that we hold the tables just a few minutes past fixed time. At that point we could'nt send away people that reserved a few minutes before and tried to solve the problem promising you the table 45 minutes past 19,30. In italy hopefully it is nothing to die for!!! Just after an enthusuastic report of the day before it seems us that your final conclusion looks more hysterical than normal, we are not used to act our special guests like jerks!!! and start telling your girls that we are not "their Restaurant" but simply a welcoming house that made a mistake!!! ready to apologize...but always very happy to welcome then in the future
That's the reason why Tripadvisor readers & guests prize our behaviour with almost 1000 excellents reports ,,,,except some very particular ones!!!
Best wishes
Alessandro Palazzi

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't get the hype about this place. First of all, good luck finding it (especially if you're using a map and not a GPS). Secondly, the food is just average. Maybe I should've had pizza (I had chicken and pasta) but one can only eat so much damn pizza in Italy. If I had the choice I'd avoid this place because it isn't anything special.