“Top Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Da Mamo

Da Mamo
Reserve with
Da Mamo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Marco
Description: This cozy little restaurant in the heart of Venice right near Rialto Bridge is a must if you want good food at reasonable prices, a great ambiance, and the opportunity to see people from all over the world.
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Top Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent an evening at Da Mamo on the eve of our engagement! I was very impressed with the food and service provided and would definitely recommend to others! 3 courses plus 2 drinks each came to €75. Expect to pay this on average in Venice so thought it was pretty good! The main of Ravioli with cheese and herbs in a saffron sauce was great. Have the home made tiramisu as you get a generous portion and its good quality. The staff were always on hand to ask if we would like drinks and made us feel at home.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“lovely intimate restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

we were recommended this place by the hotel we were staying at, and I was not disappointed! it was good, high quality food, fantastic service, and i left completely stuffed!
its small and popular, so a reservation is a must! many people had to be turned away while we ate, which is a shame for the restaurant, but proof is in the pudding! they have every reason to be fully booked!
for the quality of food and service, I was pleased with the price also! under 100euro for my self and my husband, with wine, entree, starter and main, we were too full for desert :)

if i were to visit Venice again, i will definitely return to Da Mamo!

Singapore, Singapore
“Good but not Fantastic!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Since Da Mamo rates so high in Tripadvisor, it was the restaurant that I was most excited to visit among the few restaurants in Venice I've made reservation. Furthermore, reservations are only at 7pm or 9pm, two rounds every night & always fulled booked!!

Maybe my expectation was too high?? Or?? Did I order the wrong food??

We ordered for 3 pax:
1) Browned King Prawns in a Orange & Honey sauce with sauteed vegetable - Very Good!
2) The Big Mix of Fried Scampis & Squids & Vegetable - Very Good & fresh!!
3) Linguini with Scampi - Soggy prawns & bland (where's my salt shaker??)
4) Beef fillet in a Raboso Wine & Black Grape Sauce with Small Potato Pie - Okay steak but strange tasty sauce I must say & again where's my salt shaker??
5) Thinly Sliced Beef Steak with Salad Balsamic Vinegar - beef was tough & again, where's my salt shaker?? I had a hard time biting and swallowing the beef!!

With a bottle of still water & a glass of house red, we paid about €100!! Price is a little on the high side but if everything tasted awesome, I wouldn't have complained! I paid less the night before at another restaurant & the food was amazing (no salt shaker needed)!!

With all the hype, I expected better so I was disappointed thus the 3 Stars Rating! My recommendation - look elsewhere!

1 Thank Faithbaby33
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable for all the right reasons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited this restaurant a couple of days ago whilst in Venice for a long weekend. It was the first restaurant we tried that had not previously been recommended by a friend that lives in Venice, so we weren't sure what to expect. However, it soon became clear that the food was going to hit the mark. Having ordered our starters and mains, we were given an appetizer on the house, which was a lovely start. I then shared a starter of scallops with my mum, whilst my partner and dad tried the bruschetta and antipasti. Starters were all delicious, and a shared scallop dish was plenty between two. I then had a sizeable Calzone for my main, which was the second best I have ever tried - whilst others in the party tried the fresh seafood platter, seabass and house pizza. None of us could fault the mains - generous portions and lovely flavours. Despite feeling very full by this point, the desserts looked too good to miss- the chocolate fondant with fresh fruit was delicious. Followed by a grappa (for the men) and limoncello and coffee and some complimentary chocolates, this meal was the best we had during our stay.

The service was fantastic - very friendly waiters who built up a great rapport with our table and others in the restaurant. Although dealing with a steady stream of customers, they were attentive and personable.

Altogether very good value - we paid the same the following night for an underwhelming meal elsewhere. Worth booking, as this was the quiet season (January - pre-Carnevale) and extremely busy. Not far from Baccaro Jazz - a local bar which makes a good after dinner venue for a bellini or two.

Overall a fantastic evening! Thanks to the waiters for matching the great food with friendly service. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Gems91
Bedfordshire,UK
“Good food in Venice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

You don't go to Venice for food. Restaurants are often pricey and not great.

Da Mamo was packed when we went and booking is a must. We saw no end of people turned away and it was January when Venice is relatively quiet.

This was the best meal we had in Venice, we had fillet steak which was pricey but perfectly cooked and tender. Service was excellent. I will return if I am in Venice again.