“Stay away”

Ranked #884 of 1,470 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed February 4, 2013

While from the outside this looks like a very appealing and even elegant restaurant, it is meant for tour groups. There is a whole room designated for that purpose as became obvious, and there were only about four single diners in the other room with me.

As other reviews have stated, the food was terrible. The bread was stale, the first course of scallops were mushy in a sea of bread crumbs and olive oil, with most of the stem of each scallop making up the dish. The fish I had afterwards was dry and I could have done so much better myself at home.

You'll also be forgotten as soon as the tour groups come in -- which may be as well. I didn't stick around for dessert, but decided to have it elsewhere. It is probably the worst restaurant I dined in during many trips to Venice.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our last night in Venice and our group was going our separate ways - so we were looking forward to a good dinner together. I know Venice is not famous for its food so our expectations were not high. This place looked okay from the street and had a decently priced menu so we chose it.

However....it was like Fawlty Towers. No - that would be an insult to Fawlty Towers. Three waiters hovered, took orders and then disappeared. We didn't even get a drink for 20 minutes. The place had a strong odour of fish - and not in a pleasant way. My companions food was warm on one side and cold on the other (obviously microwaved). The bread was overly crusty - in other words, stale. It took almost an hour for the meals to arrive. It was impossible to get a second drink as the staff vanished into thin air. The high point was the Sea bass, which was actually really good and cooked with a nice accompanying sauce and crispy potatoes. But for this I paid 36 euros. Ouch.

The bill came to 150 euros. That included 32 euros for four glasses of house red wine (!) and a 12% service charge of 15 euros. Service charge? What service???? I paid as I didn't want my family to freak out. It was by far the most expensive meal in our three weeks in Italy - and the worst food.

This place looks inviting from the outside - but avoid at all costs.

1  Thank KathyW201
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was our last day in our stay in Venice heading towards the airport. We were staying in Hotel Noemi next door and we thought we will have a bit of a dessert and some coffee. By the way, Hotel Noemi is totally different from Noemi Ristorante (Noemi "La Barchessa"). Both are like chalk and cheese.

After having a terribel coffee and an equally terrible dessert, the head waiter got the bill. I handed the card to the head miserable head waiter who said the restaurant does not accept credit cards, cards card of any kind only cash. There is a bloddy big sign outside the restaurant which has the sign of Maastercard, Visa card and other cards. The head waiter said they only accept cards for over 30 euros. All other places we visited accepted cards. Unfortunately, I had to go to the cash machine to withdraw cash.

On return, he did not even acknowledge the bill, so I told him in to show me where it is written for a 30 euro minimum limit. He got annoyed and took me outside the restaurant and asked me to look in the window....there was no notice.

THe service was terrible, the coffee was terrible, the dessert was terrible. That head waiter was horrible...it was the fault of the restaurant for asking us cash even though the restaurant has a sign to say they accept all credit cards. Their webiste even says this. Here is the link;

Avoid this place at all cost.......

2  Thank Shubhes S
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Even though we ate earlier than the crowd, our experience was lacking. It started ok and the Maitre'd was gracious, but it went downhill from there. To be fair, my pasta starter was very tasty. My wife's prosciutto and melon was by far the most expensive we have had in Europe and easily eclipsed by similar dishes we had in Lake Como and Tuscany. I had to remind the waiter that my gastronomico set menu came with desert and when he delivered it, he dropped it on the table without asking if we wanted coffee, after dinner drinks or asking how the meal was. A 12 percent service charge was added for the privilege of being served like this. Needless to say, we will choose to eat elsewhere for the rest of our stay in Venice.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Avoid this place at all cost.......

2  Thank Shubhes