“Some good things, but uneven quality”
Review of Rosticceria Gislon

Rosticceria Gislon
Ranked #146 of 1,425 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Marco
Boston
“Some good things, but uneven quality”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Nice place to get a take-out dinner. We had grilled sole, but found that it was overcooked and so full of bones it was almost impossible to eat -- we threw most of it away. But the salad of mixed seafood was good and the roasted peppers were fine. Prices are reasonable for Venice. The person who served us was not particularly helpful.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Archipelago10

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Worth the find and the value”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Was recommended by our B&B host and while it was tucked away in a corner, it was certainly worth the find! It's really a local authentic italian take away while you can choose to sit too. We had some of the best seafood pastas ever in Italy (ask for the seafood specials) and the grilled fish and squid were fresh and springy. We had a pasta of the day which was a succulent with flavours of the sea filled with fresh scampi, clams and mussels. It was so good we came back to take away for dinner where we had one of the best squid ink pastas ever, as well as the grilled sea bass and vegetables. The best part?! Everything we ordered summed up to less than 25 euros or so...top value, and certainly italian taste compared to many tourist traps around. Also look out for this lovely wine shop called Millie Vin not far away.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Cheekylops
Miami, Florida
“A Gem Found”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am not a cheap person but dislike paying a fortune for something that I can make myself at home. We had made reservations in a restaurant that was close to La Rosticceria and after getting there and seeing their prices I decided that it really wasnt worth it. We started walking trying to find a place for lunch when we stumbled into this Gem, La Rosticceria Gislon. It is not your tipical restaurant, although it has tables on the second floor, I would say its more like a family cafeteria, a Tavola Calda. The place is always full, sometimes you have to wait, uneless you want to sit on the counter. Some of the items offered are pre-cooked which given the number of people, they are always replenishing their stock.The Bacala, the Frito Mixto, the Polenta are all exceptionally well done.The food is tipical Venetian cusine without the trappings. This is one of those place that you will not be disappointed by the food nor the prices.

• Visited November 2012
4 Thank Leicaman1
Kingston, Canada
“Quality, Diversity, Authentic”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was happy to discover this place; I was wandering alone, looking for good food without doing the regular sit-down, coperto, extra service etc. The smell of the roasted chicken drew me right into this restaurant; I ate downstairs and the scene was just wonderful. Waiters busy behing the counters, displayed shelf behind glass filled with beautiful plates of all kinds of prepared dishes, so you can shop your meal and just tell the waiter how you want him to compose your plate. From a variety of fish, shellfish, home made verdura alla griglia, salads, etc. I sat at the counter and just enjoyed watching the bustle of locals, workers, tourists come in and out, the chatter and action is just so vibrant.

I had a half-chicken, sublime, and a plate of delicious grilled vegetables with a quarter liter of white wine, bread and yes, was served on a coperto, for 16 Euros. That was excellent value and absolutely delicious. I went back the next day with two girlfriends and we shared all kinds of seafood dishes, and again it was excellent.

The location is central. I highly recommend this la Rosticceria Gislon.

• Visited May 2013
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We got up and walked out of a ristorante before finding this gem. My wife had the lasanga (it was reheated but stull very good). The insalata di pesce was full of flavor and my rissoto frutti di mare was very well prepared. Atmosphere was very Venetian as we seemed to be the only non-locals. The blue bar and buzzy enviroment added to the ambience.

All of the staff spoke english and was patient with my attempts at italian. Would go back, very easy to find if you are looking for this place but still tucked away.

1 Thank Bryan A