“The worst ever”

Ranked #1,285 of 1,481 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Description: This ristorante might not be listed, but I wish to comment on the food. This restaurant is actually misleading tourist on their food. Their pizzas and spegetti are one of the worst that I had tasted in Italy. They also charged 10% service charge plus 1.5 Euro per person coupled with the exhorbitant prices. I am warning other tourists not to be tricked into this. Thank you.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well deserves its low ranking

This place looked bussy as we walked past and people appeared o be enjoying the food o we set aside out is like of picture menus and decided to try it.

We ordered 5 dishes 4 were completely inediblde and that included the salad which was so wet that the dressing just ran off it to join the pool in the bottom of the plate. The Fish Antipasti and the salmon were particularly bad. the samon seamed to have been over cooked several hours ago and then warmes in a microwave.

The bill came to more than any other meal in our week in Venice.

I only wish we had checked it out on trip advisor before waiting our money.

We ended up in McDonalde over the road. Not where you expect to eat in Venice but with consistency the world over we knew what we were getting and very occasionally there. Is nothing like a Big Mac

1  Thank onemoreholiday

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It's the worst place I've ever ate.

1. Asking for a table with more space around it to be able to put your luggage - they won't like it and I had to ask for the managers permission.
2. Got other tables order to which I had to insist it's not what I ordered, even though I'm fluent in italian language.
3. Got overcharged just like everyone else, which is one of the many reasons I'm not going, and never suggest someone to go to Venice ever.
4. I asked for the removal of the service charge since the service was rude and unprofessional to which the waiter said she is not able to do. I asked for the manager and the manager acted nothing more than a peasant.
5. The food was terrible. And I'm not at all fussy food wise.

I have never written a review in my life and never thought I will. I work in the restaurant business as well and I am very aware of what it means yet I feel I need to be part of righting this wrong. It's shameful to all man kind what is happening in this restaurant and the whole Venice because of this terrible people.

1  Thank Varvara_SD
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The smell when you approach this restaurant is delicious, i was ready to put aside my dislike for photo menus and British pop music hopping the food would prevail, unfortunately not! Antipasti were awful! The pesce (fish) looked amazing on the menu, what I got was cold prawns, muscles, clams and some unidentifiable white thing covered in parsley, all I could taste was parsley. Bill they bought us was wrong, 20EUR less than we were expecting. We were honest, maybe not such a good idea in hindsight. The only reason for a 2 rather than 1 star was the lasagne, beautiful!!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The service at this restaurant is the worst I have ever experienced, the waiters were insulting each other, no smile whatsoever, rude waiter and I can carry on for a while... The food was average and pricey... They charge you for the cover and the service so expect 15-20% on top of your bill...
Please avoid this place and find a small trattoria instead...

Reviewed April 20, 2013

After a long day of traveling & sightseeing, my boyfriend & I ventured out into Venice for a nice Italian dinner. We walked around for a while trying to find the perfect place and finally our hunger got the best of us and we settled on this restaurant. (big mistake)

First, when we asked for a table the guy kept checking his watch. We said very politely if it was too late we would go somewhere else no problem. He insisted it would be fine and seated as. Then continued to check his watch and look at us..uncomfortable.

We ordered our wine and they immediately wanted to know our order. We asked if we could have a few minutes to look at the menu and he said he would come back. He then sent over about 2 other waiters to hurry us. Meanwhile they were still seating other people.

The table next to us were having issues and sending back food. After being rushed we finally ordered a pasta dish w/ mixed seafood. Well when it was brought out it just looked like whatever was left over in the pot.. and for an expensive price. Our bread also seemed to be another tables left overs. The table next to us ordered the same dish and theirs was piping hot and delicious looking. Such a disappointment. When we went to pay at the end they didn't bring us change so we had to sit around a while and wait. Got our change and just left.

This is my first review and I felt compelled after such a bad experience. DON'T GO! The staff is SO rude but it did make for a good laugh afterwards about how it was the most terrible dinner we have ever had. And no I'm not just some obnoxious American...we are always gracious and polite to others especially when we are in their own country & culture. There has to be better places and for the price.. I am so upset this was our dinner in Venice.