“victims of fraud”

Ranked #1,271 of 1,477 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Description: This ristorante might not be listed, but I wish to comment on the food. This restaurant is actually misleading tourist on their food. Their pizzas and spegetti are one of the worst that I had tasted in Italy. They also charged 10% service charge plus 1.5 Euro per person coupled with the exhorbitant prices. I am warning other tourists not to be tricked into this. Thank you.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I saw many foreign visitors had the same experience of getting ripped off as we did. They were defrauding non-Italians with menu priced for 100g. They were the worst scammer in the world, even worse than all the dishonest merchants in China I have seen in my life.

That really gave us an impression about Venice, which we swore would never come back.

Just wondering if anything can be done to them. They are a disgrace to Venice and Italians in general, and should have been shut down in any other part of the world. Maybe the local police are well bribed.

2  Thank yiping

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I are incredulous that this restaurant is allowed to continue to do busy, especially after reading the consistently poor ratings as well as accusations of fraud and deception.

In late June 2012, we had just arrived in Venice and off-loaded our luggage on our cruise ship. We decided to spend a few hours walking aimlessly down the winding streets. After several hours of walking, we decided to take a breather and have a beer together after initially passing by Pasqualigo. There were a few patrons sitting outside at tables and it looked like it might be fun to sit and gaze at the people passing over the nearby little bridge. We should have kept walking!

We sat down next to a couple middle aged men just having a beer. The draft beer they were drinking came in what I would guess were 16 oz glasses with a handle on the side similiar to the stein. After we ordered "the same", another waiter dropped off their check. I distinctly remember hearing them gasp and mutter to themselves in a Slavic dialect. They were NOT happy but I couldn't tell precisely why since they were finishing their beers when we arrived.

Folks, I have been traveling around this planet extensively as an airline employee for nearly 35 years. I have eaten and drank in literally hundreds - maybe thousands - of foreign and domestic bars and restaurants while either working or on vacation. Some experiences stand out. I feel I qualify as an expert judge on what it costs to buy a pint of beer, whether it is London, Tokyo, NY, Rio de Janeiro or Sydney. The most I EVER paid was about $7 USD in Tokyo.

When we got our bill, we also were appalled at the bill and I immediately remembered our neighbors who had left in disgust. Pasqualigo charged us 10 EUROS (over $13 USD) for EACH glass of beer! Absurd. Admittedly, I didn't ask before ordering nor was the price conspicuously present on the menu. The only good thing I can say about the experience is that the beer was cold, we had only ordered 1 each and it was a reasonably good lager.

I was so disappointed in this place, that I SWORE to my wife, I would post an unfavorable review after we returned home from our cruise. In all my travels over so many years, I don't remember ever feeling so determined to vent my spleen on a management. I would have posted much sooner but I lost the paper that I wrote the restaurant's name on until finding it again last week. After reading so many, many disgusted reviews here, it feels just like yesterday. Yuck!

The owners know they deal exclusively with unsuspecting tourists who likely are just passing through like us and feel comfortable providing such poor service and gouging customers because there will just be another sucker that passes right behind you on this popular pedestrian route.

2  Thank Paul70Seattle
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We are 2 Japanese students travelling to Venice for the 1st time & had the misfortune to visit this restaurant . We ordered seafood pasta which said on the menu €8 my friend ordered lasagne . The food was so so , but the worst surprise was when we received the bill €111 , this was just for food we only drank water!! When I complained about the bill the waiter told me that my meal was €8 per 100g & that I had 1kg of seafood !! I tried to complain but the waiter said I should have looked at the menu properly . I feel totally upset & ripped of by this and this really upset & spoilt our trip to Venice. I want to complain to the tourist board but do not know how to as this kind if practice should not be allowed & restaurants like this give this beautiful city a bad name !! Please don't go here !!

9  Thank Troughton
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My mom and I had spent out first day in Venice and in general, our rule was...if a restaurant is busy, it must be good. Clearly, we hadn't thought this plan through. Pasqualigo is good at filling their restaurant to trick idiots like us. We knew all about the seating and service charges, so that didn't bother us. What did bother us was the food and what happened when we got our bill.

It was our first dinner in Italy, so we wanted some very Italian food, in our eyes and some wine. We ordered the wine first. We ordered a half litre of the house red wine. I made sure to say what I wanted, as well as point to it on the menu. Our server said it back to me as well. Our wine was brought to us by a different server who barely spoke english. He poured our wine and it came in a half size bottle. We assumed that this was what a half litre was in Venice and didn't think anything of it. For food, I ordered a pizza and my mom ordered the veal with "roasted potatoes" that they upsold her on. My mom was perfectly happy to order the roasted potatoes, that's not the problem. When we got our food, my pizza had barely any sauce, any toppings...it was supposed to have three toppings. Hands down the worst pizza I ever ate. My moms veal was tough and the "roasted potatoes" were french fries. Sure, the meal was terrible, but not a big deal. We get our bill and the roasted potatoes were 7 euro and instead of the half litre of house wine I order for 6 euro, we were charged 18 euro for a small bottle. We called our server over and told him we ordered the house half litre and assumed it came in a small bottle because that is what was brought to us. His response: "No, I brought you the half litre, you said you didn't want it. So you ordered the bottle." My mom and I both started laughing. First off, he didn't bring our wine nor did he come to our table and ask us for something else. He then said, his english was bad. So when I pointed at the menu and you repeated it back...your english was bad? Are you high, sir? I asked to talk to a manager and he said no. He then back tracked and claimed he was the manager. So I said I refuse to pay for this wine I did not order and he said he would call the police. I asked him to call the police so I could tell them about how they scammed tourists. He then took it back because he didn't want me talking to the police. He wouldn't take our wine off the menu and we didn't have the exact change for what our bill should be, so we were forced to pay for what we didn't order. After this, we stood outside the restaurant and warned tourists about Pasqualigo. I hope we did mild justice for the disgusting excuse for Italian food, brutal service and scam artists who try to put a damper on a beautiful city like Venice.

7  Thank C A
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were starving and walking back to our hotel. On the way we stumbled on this restaurant and decided to eat there. Not great at all!