“Run, don't walk...away”

Neighborhood: Castello
Calgary, Canada
“Run, don't walk...away”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Our arrival in Venice was on a Wednesday evening, which we later learned meant that numerous restaurants are closed, and more so in late December when some shut down altogether for annual holiday. Already hungry, and not yet knowing our way around, we figured we would give La Gondola a shot and had probably the worst meal I've ever had in a restaurant. The place was full with only tourists who were likely in the same boat, so if you're making a restaurant black list to accompany your wish list, make sure this is on it. In a pinch, instead opt for a panini from the corner cafe.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Janina K

North Walsham, United Kingdom
“Over Priced and Underwhelming”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very poor, tasteless food,very expensive give it a miss.Cover charge and service added 20 euros to the bill .

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ian s
Manama, Bahrain
“I wish I can get my money back”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We chose this restaurant as our first choice was closed. My husband wanted to buy me seafood diner and the look of seafood display was quite nice. Don't let that fool you. The food was disgusting and the waiter kept trying to sell the seabass (around €65). I settled for spaghetti fruitte de mare. There was no shrimps in it at all, just mussle and super tiny itty bitty clams. The worst frutti de mare I have ever had in my life. My husband order some pasta dish that came in a serving so small, fit for toddler. Same with penne that I ordered for the kids. The steak was not good at all. Didn't order any wine but our bill came to a whooping €165, the most expensive restaurant bill in 7 days in Italy. Please don't eat at this restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank esterlove
London,England
“Keep moving.”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We also had poor wi-fi,so did not check this place out before we went in. Bad mistake.
Food was mediocre and our 18 euro tourist special turned in an 80 euro bill by by having a beer and a coffee.
Would not recommend this place,there is so many better places than this. Avoid.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Razorbite
Katherine
“Would never have found it but for our tour guide”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our tour guide wove us through the streets of Venezia to lunch at this magnificent restaurant. Very busy and chic, we shared our table with another 6 from our group and the dining experience was awesome. Lasagne and Spaghetti marinara were the dishes we chose, accompanied with birra and vino - Prosecco. Yummy, delicious and very very good.

• Visited August 2013