“lovely accomondation in venice!”
Review of Ca' Barba B&B

Ca' Barba B&B
Ranked #39 of 475 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Loved our stay at this B&B. The room was very clean and comfortable - great location right near the heart of Venice at the Rialto Markets. Alessandro our host was fantastic - answering all our questions and giving us tips leading up and throughout our stay. We especially loved the breakfast, it was fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I recently spent a wonderful long weekend at Ca'Barba in the Rialto area of Venice. As other reviewers have said the owner Allesandro was a wonderful and enthusiastic host. He couldn't have been more helpful over email when we booked and throughout our stay. He has a real love of his city and encourages his guests to experience the 'real' Venice away from the tourist traps. The B&B itself is tucked away in a quiet but fantastic location and is spotlessly clean and comfortable. Free wifi in our room & use of an iPad were a great touch. I would definitely recommend Ca'Barba!

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Six of us travelled to Venice and we had a wonderful time thanks in large part to Alessandro and Ca' Barba. Restaurant recommendatios were great. The B&B is spotlessly clean, with all the amenities. As other reviewers have stated it is ideally located, yet quiet and isolated away. Only negative for us was the extra firm mattress and pillows.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Martinojct
cabarba, Proprietario at Ca' Barba B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thanks Rocco for your great review.
I'm sorry you didn' t tell me anything about the pillows and mattresses. I understand you didn' t want to "disturb me" but i' m sorry also because, I can provide (I could have provided you ...) softer pillows, and a very soft 3cm mattress (to put over the mattress of the bed …).
I was very pleased to have welcomed you: nice and polite guests… very respectful of my B&B and of my job.

Grazie davvero.
Alessandro

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Excellent welcome from Allesandro the owner who met us at the Rialto Mercato vappretto stop.We had room 101 clean and modern. The breakfast was the usual contintal breakfast and always freshly bought that morning. He also loans you an ipad and a fabulous book called Venice is a fish. The B&B was in an excellent spot to see lots of sights and the water buses are a great way to get around and to save your feet. Will definately be going back.

Room Tip: Rooms 201 and 202 on the top floor would probably be quieter. The first floor gets all the foot traf...
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Ca' Barba for three lovely nights, and would highly recommend this B&B! Alessandro is a charming host whose passion for his city helped make our stay in Venice perfect. We were never short of a good dinner venue due to his excellent recommendations. Alessandro made dinner reservations for us which was extremely helpful as neither of us speak any Italian. He also drew us maps to each venue which were impressively accurate (we didn't get lost once).

Ca' Barba is in a great location, only a few minutes from the Rialto Bridge yet still hidden away and very quiet. Finding your way around Venice from the B&B is easy and it's well connected via the Vaporetto.

If we return to Venice I couldn't imagine a better place to stay! Thank you Alessandro!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Ca'barba is centrally located in Venice, and yet it is very quiet. The B&B is beautifully decorated, cozy and very clean!!!!! It's a place to relax and enjoy. Alessandro is a fantastic host! He made my husband and I, feel at home from the moment we walked in to his B&B. He gave us some great tips on how to see Venice !!!!! Every morning he served variety of fresh baked goods (honey croissants-my favorite) fruit, juice, cappuccino or latte! Delicious!!!
We loved every minute of our time in Venice and at Ca'barba. Strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My partner & I went to Venice between 10 & 13th May. It is a completely unique place and ideal for couples, we got engaged on a gondala under Rialto Bridge! Alessandro the owner of the B&B was very acommodatiing, we spoke a few times on the phone (in English I am glad to say as I know no Italian), sent a few emails and had every confidence it would be a perfect stay, which it was. Alessandro met us at the water-bus stop and carried one of our cases which saved us from getting lost, having said that, the directions he gave were very self explanitory. He gave us lots of tips and made us feel very welcome throughout our stay. If Venice was a cake Ca' Barba was the icing! It was a wonderful stay, I cannot recommend it enough! I use Tripadvisor a lot for reviews & peace of mind, but never felt the urge to leave a comment until now. Mark & Carmen :-)

Room Tip: Only saw our room, it had a wonderful Jacuzzi bath
2  Thank Tinkerboospud