“BEST Experience of Venice”
Review of The Venice Experience - CLOSED

The Venice Experience
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST Experience of Venice”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

For my 21st birthday a friend and I decided to book The Venice Experience Backstreets Tour. The tour was a wonderful way to experience Venice to its fullest. Karen was the most sweet and informative tour guide. We were able to see parts of Venice that we would have otherwise not seen. I like to hear a bit of history and fun facts about a city while visiting, which Karen was willing and ready to provide. It was one of the best ways I could have celebrated my birthday! I'm dying to go back already!

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Loved the backstreets of Venice Tour”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

From the moment we met Mike, we knew that this was going to be a good tour. My Husband & I did the 3 hour back streets of Venice tour & really enjoyed it. Mike & his wife originate from the U.S.A, however they clearly know a lot about their adopted home. We had arrived in Venice the day before, so we had looked around a bit. On the tour, we walked through so many small, tiny streets & as it was January, they were either deserted or just very quiet. Early in the tour, we stopped & had prosecco at the oldest bar in Venice, which was a brilliant, being somewhere that has been serving the people of Venice for so long. We wandered the streets & Mike provided information along the way. It was apparent that we were walking the areas of the local Venetians, hardly a tourist in sight! It gave us a different perspective to the town. Mike took the tour at a relaxed pace, we never felt rushed, he patiently answered questions & provided good information about the history of Venice in his friendly & unassuming manner. When I had booked the tour, I had emailed & said that as my Husband was a chef, so we would appreciate any food tips on the tour. Mike kindly stopped at some different restaurants that were all locally & family run & very much off the tourist trail. We had lunch in one place & the food was delicious, the service wonderful. I would also add that the process of booking the tour online was very easy, the email communication was good & prompt. Would highly recommend this tour.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank DM45ESS
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would do it all over again!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My partner and I traveled to Venice for the first tome this year. We hired a private guide, over the internet, to get oriented with the city. We were met by a wonderful and knowledgable woman named Karen Henderson in our hotel lobby. Immediately, we felt a connection with Karen. We spent 6 hours on a private tour and completed the tour feeling that we knew every part of the city. Karen was professional and courteous. We felt that Karen was a dear friend by the time we were done. I would highly recommend "The Venice Experince" to anyone that wants a great, knowledgable and well informed tour. Bravo Karen!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ronn B
Hampton, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Venice Walking Tour”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I took a six hour walking tour of Venice with Karen. She took is down the back streets which led away from the crowds. It's a great introduction to Venice and a good way to learn the lay of the land. It was a very interesting tour and I highly recommend it.

Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“See Venice the way people who live there do.”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We did this as a family, 2 Adults and a 7 YO son.
Karen was great, entertained Adults and child alike.
We were allowed to say the types of things we would like to see, the pace a which we wished to see them and even the type of places we would like to eat at.
6 hours and we weren't bored or tired.
We learnt great facts about Venice in places normal tours wouldn't go. We saw markets where restaurants shop, Learnt about the houses where people lived, and so much more.
The best day we had on our 6 weeks in Europe,