L'Imbarcadero
Hotel Rossi(Venice)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Spagna(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbudget travellerstrain stationgrand canalvaporetto stopevery morningbedsmapsmazesupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2013

It is very convenient location for transport facilities (buses, trains, vaporetto). And it is quiet place at the same time.
The showers is not clean, but not so bad. Breakfast is normal.
There are no conditioners, but there are fans which produce noise at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gorynych9
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Venice is a tough place to find cheap and decent accommodation so this hostel was a nice find! Very very clean and the rooms had a lovely home feel, no bunk beds! Ibra at the front desk is great! Kept the hostel in good condition and was full of advice about where to go in Venice!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank kroosh
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hostel has amazing view , just open the window and enjoy the grand canal . Very helpful and funny staff . I enjoyed my stay and recommend this hostel . For me , staying in this hostel is dream came true .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank m1tsalah
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wow is all I can say!
I've been to many hostels and have never been treated as good as I was here.
Ibra, the man who worked here during my time was more than amazing.
The place was a quant, quiet little gem located close to all Venice's main attractions.
At under 30 euro a night you will not find a better value in Venice, this I promise you.
It was immaculately clean, had a decent breakfast, two bathrooms with hot showers, a full kitchen with cooking supplies (inclusind a panini press, YUM!).
The kitchen can be helpful as Venice is quite touristy and expensive and there is a supermarket down the street.
The man Ibra, who kept the hostel did an amazing job keeping the place clean. For me, the personal touches he added really made a difference. He was always giving tips and advice on places to go, knew a lot about the city (he personally has lived in Venice for 10 years).
If you get a chance to meet him, chat him up as he's a great guy.
As Venice is very expensive if you are in the market for a budget place to stay, look no further!
Everyone I met who has stayed here will be back.

Room Tip: Book early as it will sell out, it's only a small place!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank timg7227
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I chose this place because of the lack of bunk beds in the dorms, but somehow missed other peoples warnings about bed bugs.

I stayed there for three nights. The first night was fine, the second I had a couple of bites but wasn't sure if it was bed bugs or mosquitos etc. After the third night I was covered in REALLY itchy bites on my arms and legs and then saw one on the bed. I have stayed in many hostels all over the world and the first time I have encountered bed bugs. And quite frankly for almost €30 a night, I expect a hell of a lot more.

The girl when I arrived was also exremely unhelpful and unwelcoming. I did not get the standard, here are the bathrooms, this is what happens at breakfast time etc. When I asked for a map I was told that they had "run out that morning". Well apparently they had also "just run out" when someone else I met stayed their a few weeks before... I was told that if I wanted a map I'd have to go buy one. Again, for the price I paid, I expect to be given a map.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo