“Amazing atmosphere”

Ranked #1 of 74 Nightlife in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The only jazz club in Venice offers live concerts every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, from 9 to 11pm.Usually closed in january and August. Look for classic and modern jazz, Latin jazz, and bossa nova. VJC is NOT a restaurant, but we make some food BEFORE the concert, from 8pm.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing atmosphere”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sat at the Jazz bar as I write as I couldn't wait to give it the rave review it deserves. Greeted by very friendly waiter who offered us a range of tables for the best view of the band. We arrived just after 8 so ordered food and were told that the table, meal and a bottle of amazing wine was only €30. So an evening meal, entertainment and wine for €60 for two in venice! Having been ripped off earlier that day for a bad lunch costing the same without drinks we were surprised.

3 choices of pasta dish, well presented and tasty. Best thing is the atmosphere. Very laid back and very cool. Well worth the visit

3 Thank SJ_Freeman44

• Turkish first
Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I'm no jazz expert but I thoroughly enjoyed our night out here. Despite emailing & receiving confirmation, there was no table for us but this was quickly rectified. I'd recommend eating nearby as there is a lot more variety available just around the corner. If you're looking for a glitzy, flash venue then this is not for you. If you're looking for what I thought was great jazz with friendly welcoming service in a cozy venue, then do yourself a favour & go along.

2 Thank NW28
Lake Ridge, Virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Great laid back night spot”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was a cool night spot with really nice management/musicians. My wife and I kept getting lost in all the twists and turns of the city, so we arrived a little too early for the show, but we were scared to go somewhere else to eat and then risk getting turned around on the way back. So, a very nice guy I think was the manager/owner said for just a little more than the price of the tickets we could have dinner for two with a bottle of wine. It isn't gourmet quality or anything, but I thought it was very good, especially for the price.

When the show got started, turns out the manager is also a VERY good jazz pianist and also does double duty as the musical host that, if I understood correctly, plays every night with a rotating crew of pretty impressive jazz musicians. This was my favorite night spot in Venice and our most enjoyable evening out was spent there.

Incidentally, when you are going to this place it will save you LOTS OF FRUSTRATION AND TIME if you understand what Vaporetto stop to exit and specifically what to do after you disembark when you are going there for the first time. It took us like 45 minutes of winding around to find the place, but literally five minutes to get back to the closest stop with the directions they gave us from the Jazz Club. The free city maps they give you at the hotel can be misleading and incomplete.

Visited August 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Venice Jazz”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I went to the Venice Jazz club with my girlfriend on a weekend away in Venice. We'd never been to a jazz club before but it was on both our bucket lists so when we saw it on things to do in Venice we thought why not.

We reserved our table by emailing the venue in advance, we got a quick response to confirm our table was booked.

When arrived we were warmly greeted by the host and led to our table which was set up with a candle and some nibbles. The wine was free flowing and a very reasonable price. No need to Q at the bar as it was a table service.

As for the jazz, we didn't have anything to compare it to as this was our maiden voyage but we both thoroughly enjoyed it were tapping our legs to the beats. One of the band members explained about each song before they played which was nice for us newbies.

We would definitely go again and have recommended it to our friends.

Visited September 2012
Naples, Italy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Music”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The place is not very big; the music has been really great. Next time will come on friday to see the latin jazz show. The price is fair; 30 euros for show included a bottle of wine and a lasagna. GOOD

Visited January 2013