“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #301 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Venice
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Close to shop and restaurant area. When check in the hotel, the room located in another building. Have to carry the luggage to first floor because lift only available to second floor. The internet come with free but connection always disconnection.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were satisfied with this hotel.The position is fantastic, only five minutes away from Piazza San Marco! The breakfast wasn't great but not bad, the rooms very clean and comfortable. The staff is very professional and well mannered.
We would go again if we had to go again to Venice!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Veronique C
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hotel room was very nice and classy that you would think you are living in Hilton or something. Very beautiful room BUT however the hotel is not in the reception building but instead it is in a building just around the corner. There are alot of shops and restaurants below the hotel and i must say it is in a very good location. 1 minute walk from the San Marco's Square and 2 minutes walk from all the branded shops (Gucci, Ferrari etc).

Receptionist was very friendly upon arrival (a bit too friendly that his jokes sometimes offend you unintentionally). BUT once your checking in is done he is not friendly anymore. I wonder if he was being friendly just for his job during check in.

Breakfast is included in my booking but the place is quite small and everyone had to squeeze past each other every time they want to get food or drink. Food wise is cured meat with bread, cereal and fruits. Which wasn't too bad for breakfast.

Entry to the hotel was a bit troublesome in my opinion as you need a key to open the main door, and a key card to open another door inside the building. You are only given 1 key card and you need that key card for electricity in your room. It was really troublesome as i couldn't go downstairs without having the entire room go with me. And i was kinda disappointed that there was no kettle in the room, and cups given was a disposable plastic party cup. And the wifi never worked!

If you need a nice classy place to stay without needing all those things i mentioned not being there, by all means it is a very good one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I looked at Antico hotel several times before my booking, it had good price and location, but it has not so good review. Then it came my messed up date booking, I have no choice but Antico. Actually I am happy with Antico. Great location which is just next to St. Mark, Stuff actually are nice. It is maybe their culture, they don't have smile face all time, but they are nice, we arrive earlier, and they let us leave the luggage there. The breakfast was ok with some meat items, Itally bread and coffee. Room is clean and not too bad for family of four compare to the cruise we were just off. I am thinking to give four star because it has mosquito in breakfast area. But I want to bring up their star level, they deserve it. You may want to give it a try.

Room Tip: I am on fourth floor, it has elevator. It has no view, but it is quiet and I like it.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank judy w
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice and cozy hotel, in the middle of Venice. Great location, very central with only 2 minutes walk from St. Marcus church. Oldfashioned, but cozy interior in venezian style. Good service and very standard, but okay breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This place is a maze with rooms and hallways all over the place. We were lucky enough to stay in room 131 which is in another building that is currently a construction site. The rooms are completely outdated and a tad dirty. The service at front desk is non-existent and wifi will not work in your room, only in the lobby, which is rather inconvenient. The only helpful staff member was the porter who was able to answer the simple questions we had (eg. Where is breakfast?). Location is fantastic being only 50m from St Mark's square but I would avoid this hotel in future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
4 Thank Mark D

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is our second in Venice, the first being the Ai Reali. There is no comparison with the Ai Reali, which was courteous and helpful throughout. Venetian hotels do not need to be like the Antico Panada,but there is a certain arrogance about some venues here that is borne of simple overcrowding of the city, allowing shoddy hoteliers to get away with it.

We arrived to heaps of luggage in the 'foyer' (after having carried our luggage the 100 metres or so from the nearest water taxi stop - anyone with disabilities or lots of non-wheelable luggage beware) to be told flatly that rooms would not be ready until 1400hrs (fair enough and in accordance with the booking, but a bit matter of fact and abrupt) and to just leave our luggage on the pile (not fair enough in my opinion). We left for a quick lunch until we could check in, not before noting the several disgruntled customers in the bar area (a bar which was never open the entire time we were there) trying to sort, apparently in vain, whatever they were struggling with. I could only guess that the heaps of outgoing luggage alongside the heap of incoming luggage was something to do with it, but there could have been some entirely different set of reasons.

On return, we were shown to our rooms by a helpful porter who seemed to be the only staff member on duty the whole time we were here. Several desk staff came and went, all with rock solid alibis as to why they could not possibly help you with any issue.

One such issue, the safe was locked in our room. Phone call to desk. I'm too busy, you will need to wait. How long? At least half an hour. We wish to go out. I'm too busy. Not my problem, the safe should be open when we arrive! I'm too busy. I found the one working porter and he went along several of the rooms unlocking the safes, which, surprise surprise, is a recurring problem. Maybe the house staff should unlock them all when they clean the rooms, which, of course, we could not get into until the allotted time, remember? And which everyone must vacate at the allotted time, hence the piles of unattended luggage....

Next question. Do you have an iron? Irons are not allowed. Quote, "they would blow up the electricity in the hotel". Nice. Sleeping soundly after that one.

Next question, what is the wifi password? Wifi does not work in the rooms. What? Only guaranteed to work in the lobby. Are you serious? Yes. What is the password? Oh, sorry, I have run out of the paper. Ok, but just tell me it and I will log in. I do not know it. You call me later. I don't want to call you later, can you find out what it is please? I will call you later. No response after that.

Last one for this review, 'can I checkout tonight as we're leaving early in the morning?' Yes, but I cannot give you a receipt. What? It is against Italian law. Ok...... Fine. Can you email me the receipt after we leave. No. Why not? It is against the law. Excuse me?

Please believe me when I say that every fibre of being of the desk staff in this hotel feels like they are trying to prevent life being easy or pleasant for you. It is almost like the desk staff want to see how little they can do before the hotel loses it's clientele entirely, because they know that people will keep coming no matter what. Hotels in Venice do not need to be like this and our experience is that others are not. Avoid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family