“Great location, lovely place to stay.”
Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #317 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed August 21, 2012

For starters, the location of this place is brilliant - about 50 meters from St Mark's Square. It's also really close to lots of lovely restaurants, shops, major tourist locations and Vaporetto (shuttle boat) stops.
The hotel itself is quite cute and full of character. It's an old building that has been renovated to house a hotel and as such, is full of all the old quirky designs - all sorts of winding corridors and miniature stairways with rooms tucked away everywhere. The room we stayed in was actually in the neighbouring building (the Hotel seems to span 2 buildings) and was quite nice. Most importantly: the bed was comfortable, it was clean and really secure with an in-room safe, the bathroom wasn't huge but had everything we needed and was actually really nice (stone surfaces, old-style fittings and most importantly an abundance of hot water).
The hotel desk staff were really nice and very eager to please.
Breakfast was nice and gave a selection of a few types of cereal, yoghurt, some cold cuts, pieces of fruit and some hot food too.
The thing that struck me about this place was that all the staff tried really hard to make sure we had everything we could possibly have wanted, from the desk staff to the cleaners and breakfast waitstaff.
Given the chance, I'd stay here again. Without fail.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank littlekatiesteele
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel. Although the location was good, this was not the best hotel we stayed in during our ten day trip to Italy. The corridor to our room smelt of stale food, the room was always dark which made us feel as though we were in a basement and there were mosquitoes. The staff were aloof and not very helpful. When my husband complained about the mosquitoes, he was told by one of the front office staff members that this was "one of the characteristics of this hotel". Upon speaking to fellow travelers staying at other hotels we were told that mosquitoes were common in Venice during the summer months. However, in my opinion hotels should not have mosquitoes in their rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Judith L
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel as a solo traveller, and while not perhaps the best hotel in Venice, it was certainly more than adequate for my needs. The reception staff are helpful and friendly and fluent in English, keen to help and guide with any enquiries you may have. There is a restaurant attached to this hotel, (Ristorante Pizzeria), accessible from within the hotel foyer or 2 other entrances by turning right as you exit the hotel. Again all the staff within the restaurant are extremely helpful, and though they work a long day, continue to smile throughout. The owner usually works within the restaurant area and is as friendly as the staff. Special mention to Paolo and Ali, real friendly and cheerful as well as entertaining in their own way.
The room was clean, and suited my needs, after all, I wasn’t there to spend time indoors, so somewhere clean to lay my head, along with a the 3 S’s were perfect. There is a TV in the room, but I have no idea if any channels were in English, again, I wasn’t there for TV either, and didn’t really care if it worked or not. The view wasn’t the best in the world, but come on, this hotel is literally a minute and half from the Basilica di San Marco, just turn right out of the hotel and keep going straight.
Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel as a solo traveller again, and if it is something simple where you aren’t trying to impress anyone, then I recommend the Antico Panada.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

with its location this hotel is perfect to visit Venice: far just few minutes from San Marco Sqare, very usefull if you want to visit the city very early in the morning.
also close to the shuttle-boat stop ("Vaporetto") you can go everywhere in the city.
my room was not so big, but i stayed only one night, so it was enough; breakfast is continental and the service is good and the staff is friendly.
I hope to visit again this amazing city, and i think i'll be another time in Panada Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 7, 2012

It took me a few minutes to located the hotel, but once I did, I realized how lucky I was with its location...just a block and a half from Piazza San Marco on the bell tower end. Check in was smooth, but they did try to charge me 2.50 for a inadequate map of Venice. I had a single room, which was for 1 person only (a single bed) and private bath. My room was cozy and got very dark which made waking hard! The bathroom was equipped with toilet, bidet, towel warming rack, shower with a jacuzzi tub. The tube was short in length and not very wide, but the jets felt wonderful. The best part of this hotel was the location...it was nice to be able to go quickly up to the room to drop off purchases and use the restroom. Will stay here again when traveling solo.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is well located, steps from San Marco and the air conditioning works well for hot summer days.Good things to say ends here.
The service is poor eg. no internet serviice, part of room booking. Response down for three days problems with server.Too bad
The shower control does not work and there is real danger of scalding. We will look into it in the next day or so. Meanwhile too bad.
The reception folk were either over extended or just plain incompetent any issues and their response is the manager will be in after 6pm please speak to him, and no one does anything to help the customers.
Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Dont worry about the room just avoid this place.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sadasivan R
Reviewed August 3, 2012

When we first arrived in Venice we were amazed at how small the streets really are = they are literally like New York alley-ways. Antico Panada does have the perfect location behind St. Marks Square. It is quaint, old, small and lovely. The staff were very nice, spoke English if they had too, but preferred not to - Venecian's are funny that way - Our room was adorable, old style, quiet, even though right above the alley. We paid US$760 for two nights for a Quad room (we travelled with two boys, 9 and 11). They loved running up and down the stairs, as the stairs were different levels (walk up a few to walk down a few to go back up again). REMEMBER: This is a 3-Star Hotel. We learned the hard way. I had a sick child, so the cleaning lady would not come in the room while we were in there. At 3:00 p.m., my son was better so we decided to leave and I told concierge the maid could do the room = NO MAID SERVICE AFTER 1:00 p.m. - we had to beg and plead for clean towels and sheets for one of th boys beds because OF COURSE my son had to spill his COCA COLA all over it! But, we maintained sense of humor, eventually got our sheets and towels and on we went. I'd recommend staying there.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family