“The quiet side”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I had lunch there today on the terrace on the canal side of the building. I had gnocci with scallops and zucchini. I enjoyed the food and the view of the canal. Outside but finally away from the crowds.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed at hotel Principe and could see this restaurant from our balcony. On the water, lit up with great atmosphere. We had great service, great food and great wine. The seafood soup, spaghetti al vongole, were excellent. We took our dessert and coffee inside as it was a little cool.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had two meals (lunch and dinner) at Trattoria Povoledo. The staff was friendly and efficient. The seafood was really great, fresh and perfectly prepared. There was a good wine list and the ambiance, whether inside or outside on the deck overlooking the canal, was wonderful.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We went to the restaurant for a quick lunch, my husband ordered sword fish, which he liked, and I ordered the spaguetti a la carbonara, which was horrible - you could only taste the eggs. I understand that the sauce for this disg has eggs, but I had carbonara before and the eggs is not supposed to overtake other flavours. I ended up ordering another dish, chicken and vegetable, and it tasted just like boil chicken with a little bit of oil. In addition we ordered two cokes which we never got. At the end our bill included the cokes and the carbonara, the server was not to happy that we didnt want to pay for the carbonata (which I barely touched) but at the end we didnt pay for it. The location is great but the food not so much!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great position and lovely food. A few too many tourists very close by almost spoiled the night but we were able to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a lovely evening on the edge of the Grand Canal for a very reasonable price.