“A very good hotel to stay in Venice”

SINA Centurion Palace
Ranked #71 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent 3 nights in the hotel. We had a junior suite which is very recommendable. Spacious and rather luxury equipped. Bathroom is beautiful designed. After checkin a complementary bottle of Prosecco was served in the room. We don't know other rooms.

Breakfast is international standard. Water is better to buy outside, you get bottle for 1 EURO almost around the corner.

The location is a good starting point for sight seeing as a vaporetto (public boat) station is next to the hotel. The view to Canal Grande is ok, as later the night it is rather quiet as we could even sleep with open windows.

Room Tip: Junior Suite is recommendable. You can be on your own. Have an own balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard H

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is considered to be a part of SINA, which is a luxury hotel member group.

While the design of the hotel is very nice and modern, we did not find it to be luxurious or good for a honeymoon...

Some Feelings and Observations:
Good location, but right in the middle of the action on the canal - the hotel is almost across St. Marco's plaza, which is RAMMED with tourists, boats, gondolas, and water buses, that are all extremely loud - not what I consider a setting for honeymooners.

We got "upgraded" to a suite with such high ceiling, one could have fit 2 floors, right on the canal. Ordinarily, I people would 'fight' to get this room - but trust me, if you want to sleep and have romance, this is NOT the room you want! - our honeymoon was cut short because of this...

The Bed - hard as a rock, didn't sleep well as a result.

The food was good at the hotel but we had an early departure and they told us they could not accommodate early coffee. COFFEE? We needed it for 630 am and we were told they start serving at 7 am. - really? After much conversation they finally agreed to serve us Coffee at 630 am...I just don't know what to say about that, every luxury 5* hotel I have stayed at has early departure service.

The cleaning staff cleaned up 2 bottles of water - almost full, which in Venice cost 20 euro, not impressed with that - no other hotel has ever taken water if it wasn't finished.

Our bathtub kept filling up with water while showering...up to above the ankles, not your luxury experience. When we asked for someone to check it out, they assured us that it's all fixed - it wasn't, it was still filling up with water- horrible experience in the shower!

They really need to step up.

We had just come from a top notch luxury hotel in Santorini, and the 2 do not compare!

Room Tip: Rooms on the canal are very loud! You might have a better experience staying in the garden view r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank live4thebeach072
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had four nights here for our honeymoon and could not have booked a more beautiful location. Breakfast every morning on the balcony over the canal, hearing the gondoliers preparing for the day. A lovely wooden box was brought to us each morning to select our tea from. Prosecco for breakfast a novel addition to our freshly squeezed orange! Location great, very quiet but walkable everywhere and v close to the Guggenheim.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the perfect place to stay in Venice. The hotel is really beautiful. Right on the Grand Canal and a short walk to waterbus station. There is a small courtyard in the hotel and a terrace with several chairs and tables overlooking Grand Canal. We stayed here for 2 nights at the deluxe junior suite. The room is spectacularly beautiful. It’s a 2 level room with 2 balconies overlooking the Grand Canal. The sitting area and huge closet are located on the first floor. The bedroom and golden bathroom are located on the second floor. The bed was really comfortable and I love the walk-in closet painted in blue. The room décor feels very luxurious. There is a welcome fruit platter upon arrival. The staffs were really helpful and nice. We take the “love me” package that includes dinner at the restaurant and a sunset tour by limousine taxi. We are disappointed with the dinner. The foods were bland and we are the only one dining there (guess other hotel guests made the smart choice by eating in one of many other delicious restaurant in Venice). However, we love the limousine taxi tour. The limousine taxi tour includes champagne and canapés. We find a bottle of chilled champagne in the boat and the magical tour started. We didn't find the canapés (guess they forgot to put it in the boat) but we only need the champagne anyway. The boat driver takes us around Venice and shows us the non-touristy side of Venice where the venetians live. The most memorable part of the tour is when we watch beautiful sunset at the Grand Canal sipping bubbly champagne. We will definitely be back at this luxurious and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LoveTravel89
Reviewed September 2, 2012

thank you for the wonderful time in your lovely hotel - for us it´s the best place to be in venice.
our personal tipp: room no 401, tuna carpaccio with melon sorbet, gnocchi with tomatos, franciacorta and last not least a white lady.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicola S
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I chose this hotel as I really like luxury hotels, as I feel good surroundings and attentive service really make a trip. I have always wanted to go to Venice, so when travelling with a friend here this year for the first time, we wanted to pick a really nice hotel. This hotel looked stunning in all the pictures in terms of the rooms and location and was within our price range (albeit at the higher end of the range!). Plus it offered twin double beds, something that seemed hard to find in many other nice hotels, which is unusual really as surely its common for two platonic friends of the same sex to go on sight seeing holidays together, and obviously you don't want to share a bed in these circumstances. We stayed for 4 nights.

The location of the hotel was in a quieter area, but with very easy access to get to more touristy hotspots within minutes via traghtto and Vaporetti transport options ultra close to the hotel – def make use of the traghetto across the grand canal if you want to get to St Marks area very quickly (not that far either to St Marks if walking, and what a picturesque place to walk anyway). Being right on the grand canal was fab too! Not a great deal of restaurants in immediate vicinity, but this didn't bother us particularly as we like to get out and explore from early morning to late at night so don't tend to eat around the hotel anyway. We often go for a slightly quieter area, but still in the city centre, as a trade off for getting a luxury hotel more affordably than if it was bang in the centre of the tourist hotspots. Getting dropped off by speedboat at the hotels own jetty entrance on the grand canal also made us feel very grand, and justifies choosing somewhere directly on the grand canal to stay.

The decor of the hotel was ultra modern and stylish, and the hotel lobby and check in area was very impressive and grand, lots of marble. We also found the bar and dining area to be very nice, both of which had stunning views. However, maybe as the hotel is in a slightly quieter area, the bar was not busy when we visited which felt slightly unusual (on one occasion we were the only people in, lots of attention therefore, but still felt slightly odd). Continental breakfast was very good and a nice relaxing start to the day looking out at the grand canal. Staff were all very nice and courteous, and what I expect of 5* service and luxury. We had doors opened for us, and our luggage was taken to our room etc.

Our room was a bit smaller than I expected, and smaller than in some 5* hotels in European cities I have visited, with the twin beds pushed very close together. However, the decor of the room was very to my taste, and the bathroom with all the gold was stunning, so I can overlook the size and the lack of a view (think you have to pay alot more than we did for a grand canal view, which is something to note perhaps when picking the level of room you want to stay in). The hotel was all very clean and felt new.

The only real downside (if any) I experienced was from the air conditioning not working properly. I don't really like heat at night when sleeping, so like to have the air conditioning going full blast and the room to be very cool. I can't sleep otherwise. The air conditioning was not cooling the room so I rang down to reception several times during the nights to keep reporting it. Someone came and looked twice and said they had got it working properly each time, but the room never cooled. On another occasion I was told by another member of staff the air conditioning had only just been turned on for the year and this was the problem it was not up to par, but would have thought air conditioning should be an option all year round, as some people just don’t like heat at all when trying to sleep and need a very cool environment. The offer of a fan would be a good idea if there are known to be problems with the air conditioning at a particular time, but I was told there were none. I didn't get a great night sleep on some nights therefore, which did put me out a little given I was staying in a 5* hotel and have had great air conditioning at 3* hotels, it’s a staple rather than a luxury, but this did not spoil my time in Venice and hasn't spoiled my view of the hotel.

Overall, I really loved this hotel, it was stunning and I would recommend it and stay again. The only slight downside was the air conditioning not working that well, as this is very important to me personally. The proximity in the room of the twin beds also may also be a drawback if you don’t like to sleep close to people, and the lack of a view if you don't go for a more superior class of room may be a disappointment (it was to me a little if I’m honest), but I think these things (e.g. small room size and the good views being reserved for the most expensive rooms) would be common to many 5* hotels in a popular city like Venice, where space is at a premium. The decor is amazing and you feel very special when you are staying there. Well done, will have to bring my boyfriend back for a more romantic stay! Def 5* luxury (though certainly not cheap! Will have to save pennies).

p.s. my trip to Venice was better than I could have dreamed!! A city like no other! Can’t wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Champagne_Travel
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Me and my wife stayed here with our two kids, aged 10 and 5, for 3 nights and it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. We stayed in a suite with a canal view and the room was magnificent. Very modern, chic and grand. The decor of the rest of the hotel was also very elegant and classy. The location was also very good for us as it was away from all the crowds and noise and yet not far from the main attractions. The water bus station is only a 1 minute walk away. Above all the staff was very friendly and helpful. Right from the front desk to the waiters in the bar and restaurant, all of them very polite and were ready to go the extra mile to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel made our Venice holiday even more memorable. Definitely recommend it!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family